Author Topic: "apply brakes now"  (Read 6520 times)

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
Re: "apply brakes now"
« Reply #30 on: 31 May 2021, 21:15 »
Does the automatic braking only happen on the newer models? As I've never experienced it on my 2014

I have seen the the red warning logo which also beeps . It happens when I have ACC on and it thinks I'm getting close to crashing into a slowing down car in front (usually they're turning onto a side road so slow way down before)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #31 on: 31 May 2021, 21:28 »
Nope, my 2014 gtd did the full emergency stop on me a couple of times. If anything the mk7.5 seemed less twitchy, i don't think it ever hit the anchors... It did b!tch, especially after I turned the sensitivity up a notch.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 01 June 2021, 10:14 »
The only time mine has ever done the braking for me is reversing onto my own driveway! It just slams the anchors on for no obvious reason. I reckon it's done it 5 or 6 times in 3 years, so not often. It always brings out a torrent of abuse though!

Tell a lie, it did do it once in a car park when it thought I was going to reverse into a fence. I wasn't, I knew it was there, but the car obviously got uncomfortable :laugh:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 01 June 2021, 10:34 »
Thats just manoveur braking, it doen't trigger the massive red "you are going to die" symbol...I mean on the open road... at speed.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 01 June 2021, 10:40 »
The first week I had my mk7.5 GTD I was reversing into a space with a high curb and I didn't know the maneuver braking also worked on the rear sensors, scared the life out of me but did stop me from hitting it   :grin:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 01 June 2021, 12:12 »
Thats just manoveur braking, it doen't trigger the massive red "you are going to die" symbol...I mean on the open road... at speed.

Oh yes, that's right. I've had that once or twice. Road bending to the left, with a right hand turn which is actually sort of "straight on", and a car waiting to take it in a turn line. I guess to the car, it did look like I was just plowing towards another vehicle

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 01 June 2021, 12:42 »
Yup, its not that clever on the Mk7.... the Mk8 is definitely a leap forward with the sensor tech.

My Mk7 once took me from 70mph to zero on an off slip road to a motorway services.... quite the thrill ride that one - even more so for the guy behind me...

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #37 on: 01 June 2021, 18:55 »
How fast are you guy reversing to activate the emergency braking?  :grin: :grin:

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 01 June 2021, 19:53 »
How fast are you guy reversing to activate the emergency braking?  :grin: :grin:

You mean you don't do J-turns?  :huh:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/