Author Topic: Lemskis mk2 (again)  (Read 29687 times)

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Re: Lemskis mk2 (again)
« Reply #10 on: 05 May 2016, 14:22 »
Cheers bud. Should be updated later as most the inside is back in.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #11 on: 06 May 2016, 14:34 »
Well from where i left of, i wrapped the a and b pillers. Not got befor pics though. They use to be black. Now there suadette.

Then we moved onto the headlining. Which toom me a good two weeks to work upto doing as its so fragile.

So the roof lining

As you can see it is slightly broken. So i had to get the tape out and make it one piece again

Then i layed the material over to get a cut the right size

Now i glued the roof lining in two halfs to give me chance to get it to fit properly. Theres a how to on here that helped to be honest.
Next up i had to cut the sunroof gaps.
The misses came in handy for this job

Then folded the edges over. The small holes for the grab handles i did when back in the car.

All done ready to be re-fitted

Finally some pictures of the interior in, including a black inner seal. Few more bits and its finished.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #12 on: 24 May 2016, 20:17 »
Long overdue update. Handling was getting sloppy so decided to polybush the wishbones and roll bar.
Pics are here and there but theres some.
So wishbones off.
Only got one side pictures

And polybushed

Had to get new droplinks and polybush them. Also did the d bushes. Nightmare.

And all back together

Also cut my selector down as it sits to high in a mk2 for my liking.
Verdict is it handles much better. Inner cv is abit dodgy on driverside but ill address that after the baby is born.

Next up hopefully is fit a new exhaust and possibly get the rear axle on. Then my mot jobs are sorted

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #13 on: 29 May 2016, 17:49 »
good progress............ :afro: but get the place tidied up  :whistle:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #14 on: 29 May 2016, 19:13 »
Sorry chuff :laugh: should see it at the end of the week.
Its actually cleaned up now. Did it ready for back at work after the bank holiday

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #15 on: 24 June 2016, 20:08 »
Well ive been back at it. Sold the 20vt engine and such for something abit more fitting.
Decided that im going for oem+ look, sort of and people to look at it and think it could have come from the factory like that. (bar this update)

So hoovered it out.
Then a parcel arrived.
Then I took this out

Then put my planking plate in for cd player

Then cut the centre console up. I have a spare and fitted this....

And all together and done

Got some other things im eyeing up for the I terior and eventually ill retrim my seata and other back bench.

Also got some wheels coming and decided that im staying 4x100 which means I have to find 288mm discs.
Good job lotus elise are that just need spacers making up to space the carrier out a smidge. May see if the a4 ones are a better offset to start with.

Also got a 4 branch and exhaust so its all go. Still havnt finished rear axle though. One day soon.
Going to order paint after this actually
« Last Edit: 24 June 2016, 20:29 by lemski »

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #16 on: 30 June 2016, 19:44 »
Well ive been busy. Ordered a few interior bits and new indicators. Non has arrived yet though.
But after getting my mates car ready for Mot and changing some things, ive got an exhaust and wheels.

Also ordered pressed plates so hopefully come mot itll fly through.

So first got my little helper to remove wheels for me while I was sorting the fitment of the exhaust. Not perfect but ill try again tommorow.

Next up I fitted the wheels. The offset has made them close to the arches, infact if it was lower it would need the lips rolling.
Ive grown up though so dont need to go through driveshafts every other month.

So I took it for a quick rinse around the block to settle the suspension back down.

And finally the exhaust, ill probally clean it on the weekend and get some more pictures. Plus other things may have arrived

Chow for now.  :laugh:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #17 on: 17 July 2016, 16:41 »
Well ordered some goodies and mot stuff.
Plates needed changing and after I ordered new ones I stupidly drove into the slabs tjat I havnt laid yet.
So while I was ordering plates I decided that black front indicators were needed instead of the white ones which were fitted.
So firstly

A couple of minths ago I wanted the Rev counter to work so asked the oricle rj what whire to splice on the mk3 loom (abs engine for some reason)
And I connected up and didnt work, left it at that as wasnt in the mood.

Skip to last week and I tried again, this time got the misses to look at the clocks when I touched the wire on the coil. Turns out I tried it on the wrong one months ago. Never mind.

A picture of said rev counter.

And finally today got fed up of how exhaust hangs. Tried to resolve it, hasnt moved much. Realised ill be putting a 16v in it soon so will be chamging exhaust and should really worry much.
But here's where it sits now.

Im hoping to respray the brakes to black and may have found some 256 hubs and such cheap enough to carry on with till I get the 288s sorted properly.

Not much else to do right now. Outside is pretty much there. Inside is pretty much finished bar seats and a different gear knob.

Drivetrain and engine is in the pipeworks.
Then its just drive it and change things maybe....

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #18 on: 29 July 2016, 12:42 »
Well mot is looming fast and past year the handbrake/drums needed persuading alittle to go through.

Now I have a rear disc axle sat there and as I had a week off decided the job was to be done.

Firstly I put the back of the car up

Then started removing the drum. 24mm for any one interested
11mm for the brake pipe and 15mm for the stub axle bolts

I undid the 10mm retaining nuts inside the car and.pulled the cables out still attatched to the shoes.

Then fitted the stub axle
8mm carrier bolts
Disc
Pads
And finally calliper

After this I had to make some brake pipes and fit them
14mm for hoses, 11mm for unions.
Connected up and bled you get

Ignore the paint, left them around when tractor bits where bbeing sprayed.

The keen eyed readers will notice that the callipers and such are now black and not red. Simply the paint was too thin and I had some black left from a customers s3 rocker and such.

The handbrake cables I have are early ones and thus too long so I am waiting for shorter ones on Monday. Then he should fly through the mot.

I also hoovered him out, was much needed after hay bailing and a tree releasing its leaves through my sunroof.

Halfway through

And finished.

Until next time, where hipefully its motd and I may have bought some goodies.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #19 on: 06 August 2016, 19:24 »
Mot'd yesterday, needed a couple front indicator bulbs,a wheel vearing, a track rodend and a power stearing belt. Completely forgot you need that for a mot.

Next up will be an engine change and then im going to give the passat some me time (needs a good tap with the lowering stick)