Author Topic: Lemskis mk2 (again)  (Read 29679 times)

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Lemskis mk2 (again)
« on: 15 March 2016, 11:46 »
Its been a good few years since ive been on here and didnt know weather to start a build thread or not.

Since I sold my last golf ive always regretted it, so when I had some spare money I got one off ebay.
350 quid. Sat for 3 years. Look good from the pictures though.

Got it home 6 months after buying it and looked it over.
Abs mk3 engine, brand new coilovers, gti seats, 16v rear lights and some big bumpers finished off in black.

Ive done some things but ill upload some pics later unless clipper Jay reads this and uploads them before me. Haha.

Lemski

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Re: Lemskis mk2 (again)
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2016, 18:15 »

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #2 on: 15 March 2016, 18:22 »
And here she is. As she stands. Got lots of plans and spairs that havnt made it on yet. Will be a slow project with house decorating, baby on the way and 2 more cars that also like attwntion.

The air filter is only there becaus  it came with tights and a boge. It was a quick fix using the a4 intercooler pipework that was left and a filter i had laying about

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2016, 18:15 »
Well last night i decided to fit some new led dash lights. And finish this morning because of lack of wanting to stay in the warm.
Anyway. Some pictures because i remebered...

Then this

And then...

Then the clocks out

I decided to split clocks and paint the needles. Didnt get a pic because i was occupied...

And in the day after i put it together....

Thats it for now, next up who knows. Probally take the seats out and clean all the carpets... again...

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #4 on: 21 March 2016, 18:44 »
Not so much of an update but i have purchased the material and high temp spray clue to retrim the roof lining. Its not saging but it is pealing around the a pillars.

And to make it worse i have gti sun visors and interia light surround which doesnt go with light cream roof lining.

Also cleaned the outside, need to polish it properlythough to bring the pai t 100% up.
Going tp take the seats out tommorow and give it a good clean as using it daily does get it abit dirty inside.

Clean car:

Thats all for now.
Lemski

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #5 on: 05 April 2016, 20:15 »
Did the clutch. Was original that was in there.
Took some pictures but eventually realised its boring and wanted it back together.

Bits unplugged

At this point everything uptop was unbolted and this shaft needed to come out.

Well box out. Anapped the rear gearbox mount bolt. But got a replacement off a mate straight waya. Good old coop...

Clutch going back in. Alao the last picture.

Had to readjust my manual clutch because biting point waa on the floor and i didnt like that too much.
Drives spot on now though.
All the roof lining stuff is here, so may tackle that next time.

Getting my gti rear axle friday. Alao managed to grab some things off coops mk2 before he breaks it for parts. All its cost me so far is helping him with his tdi mk3 estate. Haha

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #6 on: 11 April 2016, 20:29 »
After picking the axle up on friday, going to see clipperjay and getting home a bit late. I woke up saturday and decided to sort the passat. Changed some vac lines and in stalled the panel filter in time for dyalisis.

Came home and thought is was about time i hoovered the car out.
So the seats and mats came out.

I then hoovered the floor and used my upholstery cleaner.

I then cleaned the mats and put them back in. (Boring i know)

Also realised i need new mats. And fitted the flat boot carpet for a space saver. No pics but more.on that later in the year.

And finally the seats cleaned and in.

Also slightly scratche  the door with the seat. No pic as im embarrassed.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #7 on: 11 April 2016, 20:43 »
Todays job. After work jobs were complete obvously. Start stripping the rear axle.

The axle and the tools, not all because i needed to go back and get more as i got stuck in.
Original brake pipes impressed me. And they all game undone.
Half stripped, then had to drop my daughter off so didnt do any more.
Will crack on next time ive got a hour spare.

So got home and thought to myself what should i do...
Obvously incure the misses wrath by painting.the back callipers and carriers...

Quick note, do not do this if your misses is pregnant and on one... luckilly shes having a good day today.  :grin:

So here we begin.

Cleaning and stripping parts.

Went over them a few more times... achey hands.
The paint used is a little.on the thin side so im two coats in and not happy yet

Coat 1

Coat 2

That is all for now. Third coat tommorow and the flip them over.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #8 on: 17 April 2016, 21:34 »
Well ive fully stripped the axle.. cant decide what colour to go so havent finished it.
Never fear though the interior plans are underway.

So i ordered some fabric and glue for.my roof lining agaes ago. Then ordered some swadette to do the a,b and c pillers.
Need to order more though.

The grey is for something that i have not disclosed yet.

So i statred with getting parts off (no pictures. We all know what a mk2 looks like)
Started with the back piece.between he c pillers
Cleaned the muck off and cut some fabric.
First attempt was too thin. So basically had to cut another piece.

Started smoothing fabric on.

And finished

Then onto the c pillers which i was getting frustrated with and the misses took over. Or helped dependant on how you look at it.
Decided to cut whats left in half. Way to much fabric. Had to trim alot off

And with the little bit i cut to thin early on i decided to do the seatbelt covers.

More fabric and i can.do the a and b pillers.
Thats all for now. Its been very therapeutic... we will see how the roof lining goes tommorow. And try and sort the sunroof drains.

Offline InsightMusic

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 05 May 2016, 12:40 »
Enjoying the thread man! Keep it up :)