Author Topic: £1000 loyalty discount extended  (Read 5109 times)

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
£1000 loyalty discount extended
« on: 11 January 2016, 21:46 »
Went to the dealers today to get some figures for a new mk7 Gtd, came away with them saying that they could not give me the £1000 loyalty discount as they could not guarantee a March delivery! Then got a phone call a couple of hours later saying that the offer is now being extended for end of May delivery, just a heads up really for people who may of thought they have missed out!
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
Re: £1000 loyalty discount extended
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2016, 21:53 »
Was talking to a couple of dealers over the weekend and all where generally surprised at the at the number of people taking advantage of the promotional offers.
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD 180(ish) Reflex Silver with loads of stuff

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2016, 21:58 »
Yeah some cracking deals to be had, just been offered £5100 off list price of a Gtd, very tempted.
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline Yorkshire_Geoff

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2016, 23:09 »
Went into my dealer today to sign the finance docs as my new GTD had been delivered, ordered mid October. Asked about the £1000 loyalty bonus but was told I wasn't entitled due to the order being placed before the loyalty scheme was introduced. Boo Hoo. However they did honour the new lower APR on the PCP, 4.9% instead of 6.6% originally quoted, made £35 a month difference.
Current: Nov 2012 GTD, 5dr, DSG, MCG, Leather, Charlestons, Xenons, 90,000 miles.
On order: BW51, GTD, 5dr, DSG, Night Blue, Tech Pack, Parking Pack.

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2016, 07:57 »
Yeah some cracking deals to be had, just been offered £5100 off list price of a Gtd, very tempted.

That is a good deal. The best I got was £4,716 off list on a GTD estate but that didn't include the £1000 loyalty discount.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 12 January 2016, 08:29 »
Surely these offers are only any good to people that were going to change anyway? I read a lot about people who are changing their cars just to take advantage of the deals, but they will be spending money, or getting further into debt when they otherwise wouldn't be.

To me, it's no different to your wife coming home with new shoes, saying she had to buy them as they were in the sale, even tho' she has a cupboard full of shoes already.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 12 January 2016, 10:50 »
To me, it's no different to your wife coming home with new shoes, saying she had to buy them as they were in the sale, even tho' she has a cupboard full of shoes already.

Doesn't everyone's wife/partner do that!

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 12 January 2016, 12:45 »
My justification if purely financial. I have £XXX tied up in my current Golf which although I have only had it a short while will likely be traded in after 20k miles/10 months due to depreciation I will loose £2K+

By selling my current Golf I can free up the money and use it towards our house move later this year. My company car allowance will more than cover the monthly payments with and £4k contribution towards the deposit from my company I'm not worried about the initial outlay or monthly payments.

We all have different reasons.  :smiley:
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD 180(ish) Reflex Silver with loads of stuff

Offline dazr32

• Just got here
« Reply #8 on: 12 January 2016, 13:10 »
Yes mate and you don't need to justify yours. everyone has different reasons. Enjoy your new car.

Offline Daz2411

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 12 January 2016, 17:20 »
Went into my dealer today to sign the finance docs as my new GTD had been delivered, ordered mid October. Asked about the £1000 loyalty bonus but was told I wasn't entitled due to the order being placed before the loyalty scheme was introduced. Boo Hoo. However they did honour the new lower APR on the PCP, 4.9% instead of 6.6% originally quoted, made £35 a month difference.

I to ordered in October so missed the offer but I went in yesterday asking about it and I have just received an email to say they will give me the loyalty deal. Must be dealer discretion.
2016 Mk7 Gti PP Manual 5dr Carbon Grey