Author Topic: 16V Big Build Update  (Read 12792 times)

Offline Tornado GTI

• Not said much yet
16V Big Build Update
« on: 20 October 2015, 20:13 »
Hi All

Just an update on my GTI 16v build

I have finally got round to replacing my suspension after find out that my front upper strut bushes needed replacing and decided to just go for it and upgrade the hole lot. I went for the ST XTA Coilovers with solid top mounts, camber adjustment and rebound damping.

The seats. I have always loved the original rainbow seats but I wanted more support in the corners. The only other seat I would fit in my Golf is the Recaro SPG. As seen in this works rally car.

I managed to find a second hand carbon Kevlar SPA seat from Pro Drive that was made in the 90s. I also got a standard fiberglass SPG for the passengers seat.

I also found an original gti 16v gear knob

The next goal for the GTI was to save some weight. This is were I lost the plot and got myself a carbon fiber bonnet weighing 3kg and a carbon/fiberglass boot lid weighing 2kg.

The parts are currently getting sprayed tornado red as I am only interested in the weight saving. I have also looked into further improving on the handling buy getting a set of Eibach anti roll bars and a set of Yokohama Nedva AD08 R Tyres in the size 205/50r15