Author Topic: GTI Clubsport Launched - 2016  (Read 86424 times)

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
Re: GTI Clubsport Launched - 2016
« Reply #20 on: 09 September 2015, 16:59 »

Got to say Red does look an option for me now.

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 09 September 2015, 17:21 »
Im struggling to tell if both the "u" drls in the headlights are working..? Are there any pictures around that show them..?

Ken
GTI - PP

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #22 on: 09 September 2015, 17:36 »
The black roof on the red one makes it look fantastic!

I like the look of the seats, but would be concerned as to whether or not they are practical for a daily user.

Five door would be nice, but I doubt that's going to happen - simply because the press release talks about "folding racing buckets instead of sport seats".

Certainly very nice - a bit sporty without looking totally trashy (unlike the mock ups we'd seen so far!)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 09 September 2015, 17:56 »
The lack of five doors would make my decision much clearer, if this were the case?  In regards to the double U DRL's I have seen pics with both single and double U's on the Clubsport GTI.  It is unclear as to which it will be.  Lets hope with all the extras this will be one of them.  Although they look great, the single U DRL's come across as if the looks of the GTI are bit incomplete when the DRL's are on.  :smiley:

Offline kenny.c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 09 September 2015, 18:58 »
It will be interesting to see how standard the ride height is.....all the pictures show its lower than a GTI. I wander if they are "staged" for the promotional pictures or is it actually lower..??

Ken
GTI - PP

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 09 September 2015, 19:23 »
Until we see a production ready model we may not know for sure the answer to any of our questions.  Will watch out for pics of Frankfurt Motor Show to see if it holds some answers.   :smiley:

Jackie Treehorn

« Reply #26 on: 09 September 2015, 19:52 »
I thought it was strange that others were thinking it came with a roll cage in a previous thread. I wished it did, but I haven't seen mention of it,  Looks like every other car at the Ring pre-production as the cars are fitted with cages for the safety of the working drivers on test.

They don't mention any weight saving so I guess its only a power increase, with possibly only a map and cosmetic upgrades?

The photos are clearly all shopped and even the "ring images" appear fake, my guess is the car won't sit that low as the photo of the driver turning left and the photo from the left shows the ride height the same as all the rest.  It must sit flatter than a P1, or its all shop'd images from the ET/offset to the ride height.

Shame as they really had a chance to produce a lighter "Sub 8" style car with light rims and a little weight saving to justify the CS badge but didn't manage pull it off.

Does it justify a Club Sport Badge? Or would it be better not pretending and just putting Anniversary XX on it?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 09 September 2015, 19:59 »
I quite like it, especially the seats and like the Clubsport decal on the side but that will probably look better on some colours than others. I  even like the spoiler, but hate those wheels.   It's got much more about it than the standard GTI.  Agree with Mr Ex about the front bumper looking a bit weird, as it's sort of the other way to a standard GTI, but it does add some additional intent to the front. 

Hope not too much is lost when it comes to the production model.  Look forward to seeing wigit's pics from Frankfurt.

Unsurprisingly a very similar thread  on vwroc today has met with apathetic and dismissive response.  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 09 September 2015, 20:29 »
i think carbon grey would mean the CS bits are nice and subtle, through in some gloss black light 18s and some Sport Pilots and i think a great car

this is tempting me instead of the Polo lol

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 09 September 2015, 20:55 »
The wheels on that red one look like R Pretoria's?
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.