Author Topic: Stop start System  (Read 2033 times)

Offline 09GTI

• Not said much yet
Stop start System
« on: 25 September 2014, 20:25 »
Hi there , I've had my GTI for about two months now. In the last two weeks I noticed the start stop system had stopped working. I checked the status on the discover pro screen and it says air conditioning requires engine to be running. I usually have the AC on , on the lowest setting and I'm nearly sure the stop start was working with the AC on for the first 6 weeks or so that I had the car as I rarely have it turned off.
Seems a bit mad if it won't work with the AC on.
Is it because the winter is coming and temp has dropped outside ...?
Any ideas ?
2014 Mk 7 GTI 5 door , Discover Pro , Pan Roof , DSG , ACC, Xenons , Parking  Sensors  , Rear Tints, KESSY.

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
Re: Stop start System
« Reply #1 on: 25 September 2014, 21:14 »
The start stop system will disable itself if you've got AC on as the AC compressor works only with the engine running. The alternator belt engages the AC compressor as well when AC is on.

Another scenario when the start stop will disable itself temporarily is when you start the car in the morning as the engine needs to run to charge the battery. Once the battery is charged, the start stop system activates.
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2020 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2
------------------------------------------
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

Offline rocknob

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 27 September 2014, 19:50 »
 Stop start will run with the AC on. It will disable the stop start if the difference between the requested temperature and the actual vent temperature is more than 8deg.
Current Car :  Tornado Red VW Golf GTI DSG DCC ParkAssist Xenons

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 27 September 2014, 20:32 »
Correct. I run my climate control all the time and my stop start always works.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.