Author Topic: Golf GTD discounts  (Read 9692 times)

Offline davyk31

• I live here
Re: Golf GTD discounts
« Reply #20 on: 04 January 2014, 21:12 »
How long did you wait for delivery from the DTD dealer?

I am not finding any dealers yet who will go to 12%.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline Skinnee D

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 05 January 2014, 08:47 »
To be fair mine via carwow was spec'd up quite a bit, not sure if that helped to increase the dealer's offered discount rate or not.  I also negotiated direct with the dealer on a few things beyond the original carwow quote which all helped towards the final discount when I worked it out.

In my experience, whatever is bid online by a dealer can vary from day to day subject to their circumstances just the same as in the showroom - e.g. status of monthly quotas etc... so I wouldn't assume that their first bid for your business is necessarily their best and final.
GTD + 3 pedals :-)

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 05 January 2014, 17:41 »
To be fair mine via carwow was spec'd up quite a bit, not sure if that helped to increase the dealer's offered discount rate or not.
Yes it would have done - there is a lot more margin to work with on the optional items...

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 05 January 2014, 17:42 »
Just order via DtD at 12% off and they will place it with a dealer in kent for you. Apart from the initial phone call its the same as if you negotiated the deal yourself.

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 07 January 2014, 19:54 »
Or order from Cheltenham VW from the list of cars they have available over on the main forum.

I ordered my GTD last night from Lee, it will be with them next week some time and I got a great price. Can't beat that!!

Offline legin

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 07 January 2014, 20:05 »
Just order via DtD at 12% off and they will place it with a dealer in kent for you. Apart from the initial phone call its the same as if you negotiated the deal yourself.

Its what I did and exactly as described above 12% and no grief except perhaps a little longer delivery due to the order book being full.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 07 January 2014, 21:59 »
Or order from Cheltenham VW from the list of cars they have available over on the main forum.
Hi Davy - glad you found what you are looking for - although 'selected' your car would be a more accurate word than ordered as presumably you chose from a range of pre-built stock cars?

The main thing is you yourself are happy with the deal and waiting time - enjoy the GTD!
« Last Edit: 08 January 2014, 09:56 by Mark V GTD »

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 07 January 2014, 22:17 »
Yep that's true, I had a list of cars already in stock or coming to dealers this month so I selected the one which was a combination of the best financial deal and fitted options.

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 07 January 2014, 22:20 »
Also the delivery time was mega important to me, I have someone keen to buy my car for a decent price and that buyer may not be there if I factory order a car and wait. Also getting options I probably would not have specced so in a way that isn't the best financial move but a discount helps that and you only live once!!