Author Topic: Finally got my GTD  (Read 5647 times)

Offline dengiehammer

• Not said much yet
Finally got my GTD
« on: 29 October 2013, 15:25 »
Picked my GTD up yesterday, now im not sure if I am meant to have one, but I cant find either an iphone cable or a usb cable. Also should I have high beam assist? If I do, how do I activate it?

Also below my stereo, in the compatment in front of gearstick, there is a little black box, what is this for?

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
Re: Finally got my GTD
« Reply #1 on: 29 October 2013, 15:40 »
Congrats!

The media cable may be in the glove box...
Which should plug into that little black box in the compartments behind the gearstick

If it's not there give your dealer a phone, they'll sort you out with one
Current // Golf GTD 3dr DSG - Carbon Grey | Discovery Nav Pro, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack
Previous // Polo GTI 6r - Black | Xenons, MFSW, Winter Pack, Sensor Pack, Convenience Pack, Climate Control, RNS 510 w/Bluetooth

Offline dengiehammer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 29 October 2013, 15:45 »
Ive checked the glove box. No cable, ill have to sort that out. Thanks anyway

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 29 October 2013, 16:37 »
High beam assist is an optional extra. Provided you have specified it, pushing the high beam stalk forwards activates it (you will see a small headlight sign with an "A" in the middle) in the lower line of the MFD (between the total mileage and trip figures. Pushing it forward again switches it to standard high beam, and vice versa.

The system deactivates every time you cycle the ignition so has to be manually activates by pushing the stalk forward on every trip. Not found a way to make it permanent.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline dengiehammer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 30 October 2013, 10:37 »
Thanks for the comments :)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 30 October 2013, 17:52 »
make sure you get the right cable. red one is the new one, blue one is the old one.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline dengiehammer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 30 October 2013, 23:39 »
Whats the difference?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 01 November 2013, 07:11 »
red one is the new one blue one is the old one. make sure you get the red one.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 03 November 2013, 17:09 »
The difference is that if you have an iPod Classic, then only the blue on will work with it. The red doesn't recognise the iPod Classic. The red works with the iPhone 5 but you will need to use a lightening to 30 pin connector to connect it until VW sort out the correct cable.
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 03 November 2013, 20:09 »
I collected my GTD on Friday 1st Nov!
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013