Author Topic: Ken's Golf mk2 GTD intercooler  (Read 57096 times)

Offline Ice_ken

• Here all the time
Re: Ken's Golf mk2 GTD intercooler
« Reply #170 on: 19 November 2016, 21:17 »
need to update this thread:

It's been sitting in storage for the last year or so, however i've been gathering some parts to throw underneath.

Some bbs rx216 in 17"x7,5J et42, 20mm spacers, 195/40/17 kumho tyres:

Bought a G60 rear axle, had it sandblasted and powercoated:

Build it, everything you see here is brand spanking new:

fitted it:

just need to do some small things now and give it a final polish and coating, then it's done for the moment.

Offline LRWmotorsport

• Here all the time
« Reply #171 on: 21 November 2016, 14:20 »
I'm in love with this car.
2015 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd #55
2016 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd (again) #25 & BARC Intermarque
2017 BRSCC PGTI CHAMPIONS #24

Offline shortyclimbin

• Just got here
« Reply #172 on: 16 February 2017, 23:45 »
Ken Great Job on this rig! I am in the usa with a mk2 Jetta ASV swap an GLI interior.  I also have a partial GTD intercooler setup :P

I have a few questions:

1) looking for a Bonnett pad,  where can I get one and the mounts?  We didn't get them here in the USA and the intercooler doesn't seal well (high IATs)

2) Looking for one of those seat toledo skidplates,  Anyone know of where I can get one (another item not here in the usa!  I'm getting sick of cleaning the bay!

3) Do you have AC?  I noticed you have a deep pocket under dash tray on the passenger side?  It looks great, but I suspect it will not fit with my AC and power steering setup.

4) Anyone have any GTD parts they are looking to get rid off?  I'm in need of better shape plastics :p

Great Car Ken and keep me posted if you need any bits from stateside.

Offline Ice_ken

• Here all the time
« Reply #173 on: 23 February 2017, 12:18 »
Ken Great Job on this rig! I am in the usa with a mk2 Jetta ASV swap an GLI interior.  I also have a partial GTD intercooler setup :P

I have a few questions:

1) looking for a Bonnett pad,  where can I get one and the mounts?  We didn't get them here in the USA and the intercooler doesn't seal well (high IATs)

2) Looking for one of those seat toledo skidplates,  Anyone know of where I can get one (another item not here in the usa!  I'm getting sick of cleaning the bay!

3) Do you have AC?  I noticed you have a deep pocket under dash tray on the passenger side?  It looks great, but I suspect it will not fit with my AC and power steering setup.

4) Anyone have any GTD parts they are looking to get rid off?  I'm in need of better shape plastics :p

Great Car Ken and keep me posted if you need any bits from stateside.

1) https://www.vwheritage.com/191863835a-under-bonnet-sound-proofing-mk2-golf-jetta that's one option, not OEM though.

2) bought mine on ebay, replica.

3) I don't have AC, I do have PAS. Don't think the deep pocket will work with AC.

4)I don't have any spares at the moment so sorry.

Offline Ice_ken

• Here all the time
« Reply #174 on: 15 April 2017, 13:44 »
Soon to be modded some more, I've got custom emblems on the way:
The rendering for the emblems, front:

rear below golf_gtd:

GTD side logos:

Bought a OEM radio:

And some other stuff will get sorted

Offline Ice_ken

• Here all the time
« Reply #175 on: 24 April 2017, 17:47 »
custom logos arrived:

Offline shortyclimbin

• Just got here
« Reply #176 on: 10 May 2017, 22:30 »
Thank you for the reply Ken.  Been looking for the parts but still no dice! By any chance would you be willing to sell the side and front badges?  or give up the vendor?  my GLI tdi jetta swap could use those here in the states ;)

Offline Ice_ken

• Here all the time
« Reply #177 on: 11 May 2017, 09:58 »
Thank you for the reply Ken.  Been looking for the parts but still no dice! By any chance would you be willing to sell the side and front badges?  or give up the vendor?  my GLI tdi jetta swap could use those here in the states ;)

contact this guy: http://www.vwemblem.com/

He made them