Author Topic: GTD+  (Read 42231 times)

Offline MajorKhan

• GTI forum regular
Re: GTD+
« Reply #20 on: 03 October 2013, 21:13 »
Buddy it has been over an hour...where are you come back home & report on the box!!!!
From a Pulsar GTIR, MK4 Golf 1.8t, BMW 1series, BMW 330, Merc C280, A3 TDi, A4 2.0t Quattro...on order Mk7 T/Red GTD nav/pan roof/dynoaudio and ABT headlight brow BW44!

Offline Buddy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 03 October 2013, 21:14 »
Buddy, are you driving a manual or DSG? Still waiting for my DSG to arrive but think I may get it tuned at some point. Just not sure how it will work with DSG and the torque.

Mine's a manual Neil

Offline Buddy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 03 October 2013, 21:15 »
Buddy it has been over an hour...where are you come back home & report on the box!!!!

Haha sorry dude  :smiley:

Offline MajorKhan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 03 October 2013, 21:16 »
Likey Likey  :wink:
From a Pulsar GTIR, MK4 Golf 1.8t, BMW 1series, BMW 330, Merc C280, A3 TDi, A4 2.0t Quattro...on order Mk7 T/Red GTD nav/pan roof/dynoaudio and ABT headlight brow BW44!

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 03 October 2013, 21:26 »
Brilliant. That'll be a purchase then.
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 04 October 2013, 00:09 »
You'll have to let us know about the economy implications driving it "normally" when you've finished blasting the car around. Any chance of getting a GTI test drive and seeing if the GTD+ outdoes a stock GTI?

My dad was very pleased with his tdi-tuning.co.uk box on the MK5 170TDI for well over 30k miles of use. 200 PS and 10% better fuel economy.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Bruce

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 04 October 2013, 10:00 »
Sounds good. I was looking at this one:

http://www.bluesparkautomotive.com/carspecs2?carid=6578

Will be interesting to see what mpg you average with it. Im sure most of you are aware but don't forget that when one of these is installed the cars indicated mpg will be way off due to the fuel pressure signal modifications - the car thinks the fuel pressure is lower than it actually is so calculates less fuel being used i.e the indicated mpg will be higher than actual. Tank to tank and a calculator will be the only way of knowing.

When my car finally shows up i'll try to do some comparisons.
I'm willing to take a bit of an economy hit for 50hp.
BW39 GTD Red, 19's, ACC, Dynaudio, Reverse Cam.

Offline andyk11

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 04 October 2013, 11:22 »
Sounds good. I was looking at this one:

http://www.bluesparkautomotive.com/carspecs2?carid=6578

Will be interesting to see what mpg you average with it. Im sure most of you are aware but don't forget that when one of these is installed the cars indicated mpg will be way off due to the fuel pressure signal modifications - the car thinks the fuel pressure is lower than it actually is so calculates less fuel being used i.e the indicated mpg will be higher than actual. Tank to tank and a calculator will be the only way of knowing.

When my car finally shows up i'll try to do some comparisons.
I'm willing to take a bit of an economy hit for 50hp.

That looks interesting, I've not heard of Bluespark before.  It appears that "Bluespark Pro with Boost Control" unit can also modify the boost just like the one from DTUK.
Tornado Red GTD ordered 25th April, confirmed BW34. Built sometime in BW36, now in the UK and delivered 27/09 :-)

Offline Buddy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 04 October 2013, 19:18 »
Yep as expected, the in gear acceleration feels far better. The GTD as standard is a lovely cruiser. Ample power, when needed, to be able to overtake easily or accelerate briskly out of a queueing slip road into faster traffic. With the box of tricks fitted, that experience can be slightly more frenetic if you want it to!  :evil:

I know it's a cliche but you put your foot down and when you look down you see your speedo dial way further round than you were expecting! Yet again a testament to the car and how easily it handles the power but the feeling of accelerating from 60 to a 'significantly higher' number, is just effortless and seems almost instantaneous.

Offline Buddy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 04 October 2013, 19:25 »
You'll have to let us know about the economy implications driving it "normally" when you've finished blasting the car around. Any chance of getting a GTI test drive and seeing if the GTD+ outdoes a stock GTI?

My dad was very pleased with his tdi-tuning.co.uk box on the MK5 170TDI for well over 30k miles of use. 200 PS and 10% better fuel economy.

Will do mate. Would love to do a gti test drive actually. I think my local dealer has/had one so will try and do that soon.