Author Topic: Courtesy Car  (Read 3781 times)

Offline westwoap

• Not said much yet
Courtesy Car
« on: 23 September 2013, 15:54 »
Hi folks,

I ordered my GTD August 21st and they have told me that the estimated date for arrival is 29th Jan 2014. I have ordered this car through Hitachi Capital FInance but im dealing with VW Cheltenham surrounding updates etc.

What I was wondering was because of the stupid timescales to build the car, is there any way of getting a courtesy car after a certain period of time?

Any help would be appreciated

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
Re: Courtesy Car
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2013, 16:14 »
Discussed at length on the main board along with further info but its 20 weeks from factory accepting the order until you are entitled to a courtesy car which will either be from the dealer or europcar and will be nothing special.
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Ricepop

« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2013, 13:29 »
I got a 1.2 bogo Polo. Speak to your dealer as they probably have no idea you are entitled to it after 20 weeks from when the factory accepted your order.

Offline westwoap

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 24 September 2013, 16:07 »
THanks for the reply,

Im currently at the "processing your order" stage on the tracker. When can I start the 20 week clock ?

Offline corgi

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 25 September 2013, 09:59 »
When it moves to stage 2: "With the Factory", I believe...

Carbon Grey Metallic, GTD 3 Door Manual, Dynaudio and Advanced Phone Prep
In the Garage: 2010 Jaguar XKR 5.0 Supercharged Convertible replaced 2004 911 (996) Carrera 4S Cabriolet (15/3/15)

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 25 September 2013, 17:38 »
If it helps I'm collecting my courtesy car on Friday which will be 22 weeks from date of order. Even the dealer couldn't explain why VW chose this particular date??

Offline kodkod.84

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 25 September 2013, 17:44 »
Have you already started paying monthly payments for your GTI/GTD, when you get the courtesy car? If not a free courtesy car even if it is a 1.2 Polo is a bonus isn't it?, not like you putting mileage on your own car.

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 25 September 2013, 17:51 »
No you don't pay for the GTI/GTD until you get it. The courtesy car is compensation I guess for not getting your car in what VW consider a reasonable time

Offline johanr77

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 26 September 2013, 08:53 »
I'm getting a golf estate from Monday which isn't 20 weeks from my order date, just told them I had to have a car from the 1st of October and that was a deal breaker, they agreed and confirmed it in writing.

If you give them a push they might give you a car ahead of 20 weeks, if you need one. My current cars lease ends on Monday so I was kind of screwed without a loan car.