Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2774822 times)

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11770 on: 11 October 2021, 15:54 »

Do the panels cause any MOT hassle? - my mate got an advisory on his TT due to a panel obstructing inspection access - he never fitted it and has never removed it so probably just the inspector being jobsworth - I ask because thinking of something similar myself

Not really being a jobsworth,  just covering his arse as he can't test what he can't see (due to all the underbody covers).

Could be hiding allsorts of things, unlikely on a 3 year old Golf but not impossible.

That was 3 MOT’s ago, never mentioned since, panel still there and the same MOT testing station - so who knows?
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #11771 on: 11 October 2021, 16:08 »
Thing is, one MOT tester might advise on underbody panels, another may not.

Ultimately, the tester who advises "Under-trays fitted preventing thorough inspection of some underside components" is covering his back incase something becomes evident in the future (formerly hidden beneath the panels).
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #11772 on: 11 October 2021, 17:03 »
Do the panels cause any MOT hassle? - my mate got an advisory on his TT due to a panel obstructing inspection access - he never fitted it and has never removed it so probably just the inspector being jobsworth - I ask because thinking of something similar myself

Ony had one MOT since fitting them, but it passed with flying colours and the tester never even mentioned them.

Also, got this yesterday (yes, I know a GTI and Eco Mode, but there was no point in ragging it as the roads were once again really busy):

« Last Edit: 11 October 2021, 17:07 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #11773 on: 11 October 2021, 17:46 »

Ony had one MOT since fitting them, but it passed with flying colours and the tester never even mentioned them.

Also, got this yesterday (yes, I know a GTI and Eco Mode, but there was no point in ragging it as the roads were once again really busy):

Any comments about the long engine undertray when getting the car serviced?
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #11774 on: 17 October 2021, 22:17 »
None whatsoever.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #11775 on: 17 October 2021, 22:23 »
Still can’t get over how economical a GTI can be when driven sensibly. This weekend we went to London for family reasons and came back today. As a lot of you will know there are currently long sections of the M6 and M1 under average speed camera control due to roadworks etc. so a lot of the time the car was sitting on adaptive cruise at either 50 or 60mph, (which obviously helped the economy a lot) but for the rest of the time was set to a speed limited 73 mph max, and got this for the journey today, and below that since refilling the tank. I don’t recall my GTD’s being massively more economical ?

Over 560 miles to a tank in a GTI ?

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #11776 on: 17 October 2021, 22:48 »
Still can’t get over how economical a GTI can be when driven sensibly. This weekend we went to London for family reasons and came back today. As a lot of you will know there are currently long sections of the M6 and M1 under average speed camera control due to roadworks etc. so a lot of the time the car was sitting on adaptive cruise at either 50 or 60mph, (which obviously helped the economy a lot) but for the rest of the time was set to a speed limited 73 mph max, and got this for the journey today, and below that since refilling the tank. I don’t recall my GTD’s being massively more economical ?

I think the most I've ever had out of my GTD is about 62mpg, but it was dreadfully dull :laugh:
7.5 GTD

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11777 on: 18 October 2021, 09:07 »

I think the most I've ever had out of my GTD is about 62mpg, but it was dreadfully dull :laugh:

Cracking effort there Sootchucker!

Guzzle, 100% right, economy runs are boring but when they are enforced it's great to see what they can do! Was very pleased with my 48mpg in the summer. I have a family visit coming up in November oop north which is a 250 odd mile trip each way but the temperature will be against me then, I'll be pleased with a low 40s result.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline brian1983

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11778 on: 18 October 2021, 19:51 »
Fitted gloss black mirror caps and new vw alloy wheel centres with the red circle at the weekend. I think they are nice on a white GTI. I’ve also fitted carbon fibre mud flaps from AP design, well front ones at least, the rear ones are proving to be a bit tricky. Got the mirror and centres from Kunzmann.de, I would recommend them based on this.
2018 7.5 GTI White

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11779 on: 22 October 2021, 10:49 »
Yesterday in fact. I dropped mine off for the third attempt to have one wheel refubished. The first time they tried the wheel was over glossy and there were shadows behind each spoke where the rim indent hadn't been sprayed. Took it back and showed them, re-booked it in to get it sorted. Second attempt, better finish but still the shadows behind the spokes. Took it back again to be told 'I can't get the spray gun in there'. FFS. So why they didn't mention that when I first booked it in let alone the second time....

So this time they are sending the wheel off to be powder coated. I just hope it's spot on this time as it's a pita I could well do without. :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.