Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2766589 times)

Offline joe6

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11760 on: 09 October 2021, 20:20 »
I found this interesting..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZlBNS4OmaI

That is interesting and gives food for a few thoughts. Suggests that the secondhand prices of nearly new cars are not really a bubble but may be here for the foreseeable future and the stupid prices of the 3000mile mk8 r for example are not so autragageous after all if supply is 'rationed.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11761 on: 09 October 2021, 22:06 »
Strange Volkswagen actually recommend you use bluetooth instead of the USB for the best sound quality, maybe the issue was Abba wasn't playing?  :grin:

Also if you go into Settings > Playback > Equalizer > Small Speakers on Spotify it really improves the sound on everything a phone plays music on, I do it with the Dynaudio on mine and it's a night and day difference.

In other news with mine, I kerbed an alloy today so naturally the car is now a Class C/N write off. So currently trying to decide between satin black or Blue chrome for a full set refurb, as I was never fussed on the original matte graphite colour.

It wasn't Abba admittedly, perhaps that was the problem? It was the Best of Blondie and tbh, I'd enjoy that on anything and it was much better than the radio :laugh:

Satin black, will look great with TR.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #11762 on: 09 October 2021, 22:33 »
Took advantage of the weather and fitted underbody panels - larger engine skidtray, short exhaust panel, larger exhaust panel on the nearside, rear axle cover, rear suspension stone guard/aerofoil cover. Supposed to improve mpg so will see over the next couple of months and not much more than a couple of tanks of fuel. Certainly provides lots of underbody protection from muck etc even if it does not improve economy.

I’ve got all those on my GTI (installed them all last year). Don’t know weather those have made a difference or it’s coincidence, but on my way home from work on Friday evening (approx 15 miles motorway and a roads), the motorway was pretty congested to I was only travelling at around 60-65mph, and when I arrived home on the drive way, was amazed to see the mpg return of 53.6 mpg - the best I’ve ever had (no doubt aided by the slower traffic and the unusually mild weather), but for a 230ps GTI that’s incredible (and I know that my fuel computer is approx 0.7-1 mpg optimistic - that’s all).
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #11763 on: 10 October 2021, 06:35 »
Took advantage of the weather and fitted underbody panels - larger engine skidtray, short exhaust panel, larger exhaust panel on the nearside, rear axle cover, rear suspension stone guard/aerofoil cover. Supposed to improve mpg so will see over the next couple of months and not much more than a couple of tanks of fuel. Certainly provides lots of underbody protection from muck etc even if it does not improve economy.

I’ve got all those on my GTI (installed them all last year). Don’t know weather those have made a difference or it’s coincidence, but on my way home from work on Friday evening (approx 15 miles motorway and a roads), the motorway was pretty congested to I was only travelling at around 60-65mph, and when I arrived home on the drive way, was amazed to see the mpg return of 53.6 mpg - the best I’ve ever had (no doubt aided by the slower traffic and the unusually mild weather), but for a 230ps GTI that’s incredible (and I know that my fuel computer is approx 0.7-1 mpg optimistic - that’s all).

Do the panels cause any MOT hassle? - my mate got an advisory on his TT due to a panel obstructing inspection access - he never fitted it and has never removed it so probably just the inspector being jobsworth - I ask because thinking of something similar myself
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #11764 on: 10 October 2021, 10:03 »

Do the panels cause any MOT hassle? - my mate got an advisory on his TT due to a panel obstructing inspection access - he never fitted it and has never removed it so probably just the inspector being jobsworth - I ask because thinking of something similar myself

Not really being a jobsworth,  just covering his arse as he can't test what he can't see (due to all the underbody covers).

Could be hiding allsorts of things, unlikely on a 3 year old Golf but not impossible.
« Last Edit: 10 October 2021, 10:40 by madstaff »
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11765 on: 10 October 2021, 16:04 »
Nothing too interesting today,

180 mile odd round trip down to Dublin and had plenty of nice company in the form of a 60's Corvette Stingray, R34 GTR and a few others.

Also ordered the Rieger Rear Diffuser for it in Satin black which I'll be getting painted textured black again to match the rest of the plastics.
« Last Edit: 10 October 2021, 18:36 by willni »
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #11766 on: 10 October 2021, 20:27 »

Wow, never got better than low 40s so far. Got a long run to Cornwall soon so see how that goes. Managed 38mpg in my mk6 on that trip in the past.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #11767 on: 10 October 2021, 20:41 »
Any mpg figure that started in the mid 30s would be a bonus in my Clubsport.  :smiley:

Currently averaging about 30.  :sad:

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11768 on: 10 October 2021, 21:00 »
Any mpg figure that started in the mid 30s would be a bonus in my Clubsport.  :smiley:

Currently averaging about 30.  :sad:

You know you don't have to change at 5k rpm all the time  :wink:

How's the coking on the exhaust tips lately? Does it go from clean to black near instantly after a wash? Can help let you know of a faulty o2 sensor, resulting in a higher fuel consumption.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #11769 on: 10 October 2021, 21:07 »
Bit of black on the exhaust tips, but to be fair my morning commute to work is 50% standstill/slow moving traffic.