Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784537 times)

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11800 on: 27 October 2021, 22:45 »
Got my car back after a day and a half at the dealers while they looked at the issues I raised under warranty.

Noisy front suspension that seemed to be worse at low speed and turning right.

Looks like they followed the TPI that's out for this and dropped both front control arms and lubricated all bushes and then refitted with all new bolts torqued to spec, straight away the car seemed better so fingers crossed it's sorted.

Next, creaks coming from piano black plastic around the AID, I've been told they dismantled the dash trim then refitted and adjusted, again going along the bumpy roads on the way home it seems to have made a difference.

Unfortunately we don't have an answer for the ticking/fan type noise behind the dash when the car has been standing in the sun or has been running for over an hour, their explanation is that it could be the car doing a regen or trying to complete a regen that hadn't finished.

Plus got a chance to drive my first Mk8 Golf as the courtesy car, base manual model so nothing fancy.

Have to say that overall I was happy with how it turned out but I couldn't wait to get back into my car!

One downside was that they forgot and washed my car, I'd only just cleaned it before I took it in and now it's covered in bloody water spots!
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline willni

• I live here
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11802 on: 30 October 2021, 16:12 »
Nothing for my Mk7, but look what I've got for my tea, VW curry bratwurst and VW ketchup :laugh:

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline nunchuck

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11803 on: 30 October 2021, 17:00 »
Wow look good , where did you buy them please

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #11804 on: 30 October 2021, 18:25 »
Nothing for my Mk7, but look what I've got for my tea, VW curry bratwurst and VW ketchup :laugh:

Shortage of chips there? :wink:
7.5 GTD

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #11805 on: 30 October 2021, 19:18 »

Snap! I treated myself last year. They were good, but quite expensive if I remember correctly.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #11806 on: 30 October 2021, 21:58 »
Can't beat a good roadside schnellimbiss  :laugh:
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11807 on: 31 October 2021, 07:00 »
Plenty of chips and beer. Got them on line from "sausage man".
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #11808 on: 31 October 2021, 17:31 »
I normally wouldn’t post about washing my car but for nearly the last year I have had no driveway to wash my car properly as I have been renting, waiting for a house to be built. Today I spent a few hours with Bilt Hamber Auto Foam, followed by Meguiar’s Ultimate Wash and Wax then Stjarnagloss Bublor. Looks respectable. Tomorrow tyre black and Autosol for the exhaust tips. Autoglym Ultra HD to follow. I know I might be considered a bit sad but I am content for now. Simple pleasures.  I might even get around to fitting the CM Wheels Reifnitz 18s and Cross Climate + I have had sitting for the last 18 months. Tried to fit them the other day to discover my low profile Wolf Black trolley jack has stopped working. Problems, problems. 🤔

« Last Edit: 31 October 2021, 23:58 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #11809 on: 31 October 2021, 20:08 »
Looks the business 👍
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.