Author Topic: Who wants a GTI on a short lead time?  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Who wants a GTI on a short lead time?
« on: 28 August 2013, 11:33 »
Any lurkers here fancy getting a GTI on a very short lead time? (6-8 weeks)

I cancelled my order and my deposit was posted back to me yesterday.  If anyone would like this car contact me asap and I'll give you the details of the dealer.  If they haven't sold it already you could be jumping a sizeable queue.  The downside is that I'm pretty sure the spec is locked in by now so you'll have to put up with my choices.

Confirmed BW: 37
Likely BW: 39
Estimated Delivery: Mid October

GTI 5 doors in Pure White
DSG
Leather Seats
Pro Nav
Performance Pack
Adaptive Chassis Control
Keyless Entry
REVERSING CAMERA (can't get anymore)
Sunroof

There is actually a second downside, I don't know if they dealer will offer the same discount I had negotiated to a new customer.  Might be they offer more to shift it quick, but might be the offer nothing due to demand.

Contact me asap if you are interested (PM or reply below).  Obviously I can't guarantee it is still available.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
Re: Who wants a GTI on a short lead time?
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2013, 12:29 »
Great switch there, but what made you do it?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2013, 15:29 »
The lengthy wait for VW
Irritation at the attitude of VW customer services
The realisation that I was paying more for a lesser car (though this depends on discounts of course)

I just checked the VW tracker and my order number is no longer showing up.  I don't know if this means the car has been removed from the system or not.  Thinking about it because I was with a fleet sales department I guess they don't want the car any more.

Shame, that was going to be one great car!  Just too late and too expensive...

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #3 on: 28 August 2013, 15:59 »
I just checked the VW tracker and my order number is no longer showing up.  I don't know if this means the car has been removed from the system or not.  Thinking about it because I was with a fleet sales department I guess they don't want the car any more.

At such a high spec I guess it would have been tough to sell on.  True, it would have been a great car, but you are also getting an equally great car in its own right :)  Have the sleepless nights due to excitement started yet?!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 28 August 2013, 16:12 »

At such a high spec I guess it would have been tough to sell on.  True, it would have been a great car, but you are also getting an equally great car in its own right :)  Have the sleepless nights due to excitement started yet?!

The shirking work to look at pictures and read reviews have!  Sleepless nights probably a week before pickup.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #5 on: 28 August 2013, 16:16 »
The shirking work to look at pictures and read reviews have!  Sleepless nights probably a week before pickup.

Haha, good on ya' mate, and just think, for better and worse you've had the benefit of shirking work for both the GTI and the M135i :)
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep