Author Topic: Options  (Read 22913 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: Options
« Reply #20 on: 26 August 2013, 21:16 »
I think we've all forgotten the most important option of all, and it doesn't cost a thing, but you probably won't get it if you ask for it - an on time delivery!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline rick2b

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 26 August 2013, 21:18 »
@rick2b, I just find the manner in which you seem to be defending and justifying your choice at the expense of insulting/belittling others a bit off, that's all.  As you said, buy what you want and can afford.  Clearly you value the external appearance of your car, and that's fine.  I've gone for options that are generally inside the car because that's of more value to me.

Why would I feel a tit pulling up next to an oryx GTD in my pure white GTI?  :rolleyes:

The point is you wouldn't. Because you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.  :rolleyes:  :laugh:

I don't know if to  :laugh: or to  :cry:

What the hell  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Mk7 Golf GTD Oryx White 19''rims 3dr keyless

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #22 on: 26 August 2013, 21:26 »
I obviously need to dispose of my attempted humour and half hearted sarcasm ! (Maybe I should have bought a bmw)
I have probably spent too much time reading threads on here to be fair

I don't apologise for trying to have a light hearted discussion, with some like I say attempted humour, but if anyone was really put off then I apologise

If I really didn't like white, I would not have bought a white mk6 and then bought another 'white' golf.

There's light-hearted in person and light-hearted on forums.  All I read was you calling people whiners and tits for thinking oryx is too expensive, no different, and for choosing pure white instead.

If it makes any difference, I apologise for how I interpreted things.  Let's just leave it there, move on, and enjoy/look forward to our cars :)
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 26 August 2013, 21:38 »
No doubt Oryx white will be far rarer than pure white so will make it stand out more. I didn't really consider it because for me I had other priorities but it definitely is nice. I went for the nav pro almost bevause I just really liked how the big screen integrated so well into the dashboard and just looked do nice, but its hell of expensive and the standard nav would be absolutely fine.

I love the keyless entry. Again probably completely unnecessary but its just so cool and I'm a bit of a gadget freak

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #24 on: 26 August 2013, 21:42 »
I'm right with you there CraigW, I'm definitely a bit of a gadget freak, and I guess that in truth, had I not loaded up with all the other gadgets, the pro nav might have got a look in.  But, I settled on basic because it really is more than adequate, and left money over for the stupidly expensive heated screen!  :grin:

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline rick2b

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 26 August 2013, 21:45 »
On a more serious note, honestly, the park pilot system as a standard feature is great and in my opinion is a really good suitable parking aid and there is no need to add the reversing camera if people are wanting a park aid. Just saying
Mk7 Golf GTD Oryx White 19''rims 3dr keyless

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 26 August 2013, 21:46 »
The cost of the heated screen was just a bit to hard for me to justify. Anyway I specced the winter pack cause I would rather have a heated arse than a heated screen  :grin:

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #27 on: 26 August 2013, 21:50 »
On a more serious note, honestly, the park pilot system as a standard feature is great and in my opinion is a really good suitable parking aid and there is no need to add the reversing camera if people are wanting a park aid. Just saying

Yeah I'm sure it's more than adequate on its own to be honest, but I figured for the little money it costs in relative terms, and having never had one before, I specced the camera.  Will be useful for when you are just reversing in general as well.

The cost of the heated screen was just a bit to hard for me to justify. Anyway I specced the winter pack cause I would rather have a heated arse than a heated screen  :grin:

Haha, too right, I added the winter pack as well - sick of not having a warm arse in the cold weather!  :grin:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #28 on: 26 August 2013, 21:53 »
I obviously need to dispose of my attempted humour and half hearted sarcasm ! (Maybe I should have bought a bmw)

Hey!  What you trying to say here mate? :smug: :laugh: :wink: :whistle:

Offline TDI-line

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 26 August 2013, 22:02 »
MM, the Oryx white is more likely a crystal based paint, hence the cost, and probably would have a better shimmer than Glacier white (Audi). VW only list it as a special paint, but for £900 odd, it won't be just a pearl base.

The RS4 has Prism Silver, crystal effect and Panther Black, crystal effect which cost £865.

As you know Audi extra's are over the top, but this paint for a larger estate car seems even reasonable.

2019: MK7.5 GTI TCR: DEEP GREY / BLACK ROOF: REIFNITZ PERFORMANCE PACK: DYNAUDIO: AKRAPOVIC: UTR DASHCAMS