Author Topic: Folding wing mirrors  (Read 5395 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: Folding wing mirrors
« Reply #10 on: 26 August 2013, 16:56 »
On the car washing thing, yes, that is a pain!

Something else that annoyed me while washing... I usually have the radio on when washing the car. With this car, if I open the drivers door, the radio switches off! It's obviously assuming I'm getting out of the car after parking up... whereas in reality I'm already out of the car, I'm just opening the door to wipe the sills or something. In order to avoid this, I needed to leave the ignition on... but then I get a warning bong every time I open the door!

The car I saw the button on the keyfob... I think it was a Volvo.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 26 August 2013, 17:00 »
On the car washing thing, yes, that is a pain!

Something else that annoyed me while washing... I usually have the radio on when washing the car. With this car, if I open the drivers door, the radio switches off! It's obviously assuming I'm getting out of the car after parking up... whereas in reality I'm already out of the car, I'm just opening the door to wipe the sills or something. In order to avoid this, I needed to leave the ignition on... but then I get a warning bong every time I open the door!

The car I saw the button on the keyfob... I think it was a Volvo.

Joe I was just thinking the exact same thing. Like you I enjoy having the radio on when washing the car and it is a nuisance that opening the door switches the radio off

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #12 on: 26 August 2013, 21:02 »
Possibly... but then consider the scenario where you pop out to the car to get something (without intending to drive anywhere) and the mirrors unfold when you unlock! It would seem pointless that they'd unfold unless you're actually getting in and driving off...

My car does this.  It's not remotely a problem.  On the contrary it's reassuring as each time you lock and unlock it confirms the car is or was locked.

Fold on ignition is silly :rolleyes: