Author Topic: Drive the Deal delivery  (Read 5527 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: Drive the Deal delivery
« Reply #20 on: 28 August 2013, 15:30 »
If you read my post it says that 'they treat the cars as if they were their own'.

Even worse then!  They'll be doing 60 in the outside lane, telling everyone else to slow down, not paying attention to the road and struggling to get the petrol nozzle into the car  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline theflash

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 28 August 2013, 15:44 »

Even worse then!  They'll be doing 60 in the outside lane, telling everyone else to slow down, not paying attention to the road and struggling to get the petrol nozzle into the car  :laugh:

Or get caught by speed camera so you get sent a nice little letter  :lipsrsealed:
On order - MK7 GTD, 5dr, DBP, Manual.
Est. Delivery was end Nov, now 3rd Jan ffs

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 28 August 2013, 15:53 »

Or get caught by speed camera so you get sent a nice little letter  :lipsrsealed:

:grin:  The point is I wouldn't trust Morgan Freeman in 'Driving Miss Daisy' to drive my car, let alone some old joker who probably gets paid a pitance to drive up and down the M1.  Anyways, if you pick up your own motor then you've done loads of 'breaking in' miles before you've even got home!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline theflash

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 28 August 2013, 15:58 »
Anyways, if you pick up your own motor then you've done loads of 'breaking in' miles before you've even got home!

Agreed, plus you've had a nice little day out  :grin:
On order - MK7 GTD, 5dr, DBP, Manual.
Est. Delivery was end Nov, now 3rd Jan ffs

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #24 on: 28 August 2013, 16:14 »
No, that's not what I'm saying. If you read my post it says that 'they treat the cars as if they were their own'. Which means not thrashing them and not driving like looneys. Even though I'm sure they are very capable of it.

They have to say that, but do you really think that a retired guy in a GTI/GTD wouldn't "test it out"?!  I'd be collecting mine myself, or getting it shipped on a trailer!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 28 August 2013, 16:17 »
You pay so much money for the car why would you want someone else to get the pleasure of driving it for the first few hundred miles of its life. Absolutely no way