Author Topic: Dealer rating  (Read 2862 times)

Offline dirvy

• GTI forum regular
Dealer rating
« on: 24 August 2013, 23:39 »
Last couple of cars I bought, dealers ask for 5* ratings on customer questionnaires.

You lucky people who have got your cars, do they still look for this.

If so, what should they be doing?

Many of you have had weekly emails. Many of you have been invited to demo test drives.

I have only had contact when I instigate first contact, should I have expected more?

I see I had a missed call last week while on holiday, hopefully just. To confirm my car (ordered end of march) is in transit, and not to tell me it's was struck down by hail storm.

I'll find out on Monday, and hopefully have a collection date.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: Dealer rating
« Reply #1 on: 25 August 2013, 00:16 »
The problem with these form is they often ask questions in such a way that they avoid low marks.

E.g. Was the communication from your dealer polite?  Yes.  But not accurate, but you didn't ask that.

I rarely find I can honestly give low marks even when my experience is far from positive.  I prefer to ignore the forms and contact the HQ by email if I feel feedback positive or negative is warranted.

Offline GtG

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 25 August 2013, 01:56 »
The reality however is that these forms are received and processed through a third party like "Knowledge Advisors" any feedback given outside of these forms is not recorded.
Ordered: Mk7 GTI | 3-Door | Pure White | DSG | Leather | Performance Pack | 19" Santiago | DynAudio

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 25 August 2013, 02:46 »
The reality however is that these forms are received and processed through a third party like "Knowledge Advisors" any feedback given outside of these forms is not recorded.

Only hurts the one to asking for feedback.  Set up a system to help you improve but that ends up giving false confidence.  Stupid stupid stupid.

Offline GtG

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 25 August 2013, 03:00 »
Did you cancel your order?
Ordered: Mk7 GTI | 3-Door | Pure White | DSG | Leather | Performance Pack | 19" Santiago | DynAudio

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 25 August 2013, 03:18 »
Did you cancel your order?

Because I'm with a Fleet dealer they aren't open until Tuesday now.  I'll do it first thing then.  Beemer is ordered though.  Went into production about a minute after I signed.  Eat your heart out VW :evil:

I should change my sig really! :whistle:

Offline Hobojim

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 25 August 2013, 03:29 »
WTF are you doing up at 3am Bill ?

Offline harryhackenbacker

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 25 August 2013, 07:17 »
Basically the customer feedback as you say is Gollocks !!! info complied to make some corporate formula to design
the next selling and marketing machine .
VW customer services is like a Moat around a castle ,If you want action or payback for bad experiences you need
to complain to the uk part of VW that monitors dealers ,used to be at Sheffield , when their Dealer bonus becomes
under threat ,then Mountains move  :wink: :wink:
MK7 R 3 DOOR DSG PEARL BLACK FULL SPEC CARBON
LEATHER

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 25 August 2013, 08:50 »
WTF are you doing up at 3am Bill ?

Celebrating the fact that he doesn't have to put up with delays anymore  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 25 August 2013, 09:55 »
The problem with these form is they often ask questions in such a way that they avoid low marks.

E.g. Was the communication from your dealer polite?  Yes.  But not accurate, but you didn't ask that.

I rarely find I can honestly give low marks even when my experience is far from positive.  I prefer to ignore the forms and contact the HQ by email if I feel feedback positive or negative is warranted.

I would give my dealeer a high rating. A VW UK specific questionnaire though....1 out of 5 (because I can't given them zero).

The dealers get a bonus if they perform well on customer satisfaction. At Benfield they once offered me the bribe of free car mats if I completed the questionnaire favourably (when you completed it in branch, rather than a phone/web survey about a week after pick-up.
« Last Edit: 25 August 2013, 09:59 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.