Author Topic: New demo  (Read 5895 times)

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
New demo
« on: 24 August 2013, 14:44 »
I was driving home from work last night and I noticed a new tornado red 5 door GTI running on 19's at my local dealers so I popped in :laugh:. I have to say it looked fantastic. Red is an excellent colour it looked very smart in the metal :smiley:. They had it parked right beside the night blue demo I test drove a month. Red wins hands down!

PS it was my first time seeing the 19's in the flesh and they really look the part. The only down side they will be a b;llocks to clean.

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
Re: New demo
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2013, 15:39 »
Cleaning of the 19 inch wheels is part of the reason I did not go for them.  I currently have 7 spoke white wheels on my Civic Type-R and they are an absolute pain.  I wanted an easier time of it this time around so went for the 5 spoke Austins instead.  I have read about a lip on the Austin wheels on this forum making it awkward to clean.  But it surely cannot be any worse than having the Santiago's with their intricate design to clean. 

Although on the flip side they do look great. 

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2013, 15:48 »
The austins are a bit awkward to clean but they really are a nice set of alloys. The silver against the gloss black really sets them off and makes them look  :cool: . I didn't like the old austins with the pure round circles but these new ones are really lovely  :smiley:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 24 August 2013, 17:07 »
The austins are a bit awkward to clean but they really are a nice set of alloys. The silver against the gloss black really sets them off and makes them look  :cool: . I didn't like the old austins with the pure round circles but these new ones are really lovely  :smiley:

The "old Austins" were called Monza Shadows, and before that on the Mk5, Monza II's.  :wink:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2013, 20:29 »
What dealer was that in mk7gti?

Golf MkVII GTD Tornado Red, DSG, Leather, Rear Camera, Keyless

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 24 August 2013, 20:34 »
Agnews Belfast. I see they also have a white GTD demo. That will be of interest to you MKVIIGTD :huh:
« Last Edit: 24 August 2013, 20:37 by mk7gti »

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 24 August 2013, 20:37 »
Boucher or mallusk?
Would the GTD be a demo car do you think?

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 24 August 2013, 20:38 »
Boucher defo a demo it wasn't clean...

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 24 August 2013, 20:44 »
Boucher defo a demo it wasn't clean...

Only issue with boucher is their 20 second test drive which you get if you're lucky!!!!
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 24 August 2013, 20:45 »
That really pisses me off more... Why do they not fill customer orders first!! I've been waiting over 21 weeks now since 28th march