Author Topic: Impossible offer from my dealer group?  (Read 2215 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Impossible offer from my dealer group?
« on: 24 August 2013, 10:42 »
Just had a flyer sent from my dealership group as a "loyal customer". The main draw is an extra £500 p/x for September deliveries of any VW, but only for orders placed after August 24th. What's the chance of getting any new VW ordered and delivered in the space of 5 weeks unless you're snaking a car that's already built for general stock? Some decent standard discounts on RRP for almost any VW except the GTI/GTD, especially on the Scirocco and Golf Cabriolet.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
Re: Impossible offer from my dealer group?
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2013, 12:14 »
Have you had a look at the small print?  Do they specify which year this September delivery would be?   :laugh:
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2013, 12:30 »
Have you had a look at the small print?  Do they specify which year this September delivery would be?   :laugh:

LOL

Offline corgi

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 28 August 2013, 09:09 »
a car that's already built for general stock? .

This is why... if you want the discount you'll have to pick a car/spec from what they have in stock not a factory order...

No GTI/GTD because they won't have much (if any) ageing stock and even if they did they probably don't really need to discount on them

Carbon Grey Metallic, GTD 3 Door Manual, Dynaudio and Advanced Phone Prep
In the Garage: 2010 Jaguar XKR 5.0 Supercharged Convertible replaced 2004 911 (996) Carrera 4S Cabriolet (15/3/15)

Offline theflash

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 28 August 2013, 09:21 »

Nice  :smiley:
On order - MK7 GTD, 5dr, DBP, Manual.
Est. Delivery was end Nov, now 3rd Jan ffs