Author Topic: Discount on demonstrator  (Read 5612 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: Discount on demonstrator
« Reply #10 on: 20 August 2013, 07:55 »
fifthflaw: Silverlink? Good luck trying to get a discount out of them. They're my local branch (2 miles away) and I would only put servicing and warranty work my way. Scotswood Road are generally much more open to discounts, forget Carrs of Hexham and the Morpeth branch (also Benfield).

I very much doubt you'd get a new order this side of Christmas now, depends how long you want to wait.

Might be worth checking out Scotswood Road to see if they still have the untouched white GTI in their showroom. They'll be advertising it at top whack for a prospective buyer "to jump the queue", but if it is still there now then they've had it there over 2 months and I suspect they'll be wanting to move it on and get their money back!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 20 August 2013, 09:30 »
My local dealer won't even sell there demo until January let alone discount it :(
Current // Golf GTD 3dr DSG - Carbon Grey | Discovery Nav Pro, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack
Previous // Polo GTI 6r - Black | Xenons, MFSW, Winter Pack, Sensor Pack, Convenience Pack, Climate Control, RNS 510 w/Bluetooth

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #12 on: 20 August 2013, 09:38 »
If it was me, I wouldn't touch a demo with a barge pole. It's been ragged within an inch of its life, or at least that's how I drove the demo I took out.

My old mk6 was x demo and I never had any issues with it to be fair in the 2.5 years I kept it. Although I did get them to replace a curbed monza before I picked up the car.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline fifthflaw

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 20 August 2013, 10:42 »
The scotswood car wasn't mentioned when they checked group stock.  Wasn't impressed with Silverlink.  Any experience with lookers?

Offline harryhackenbacker

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 20 August 2013, 11:48 »
Most are selling for list because the demand is now ,plus the dealers want to make the money now ,
not next xmas  :laugh:
MK7 R 3 DOOR DSG PEARL BLACK FULL SPEC CARBON
LEATHER

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 20 August 2013, 12:20 »
Most are selling for list because the demand is now ,plus the dealers want to make the money now ,
not next xmas  :laugh:

Yes, the opportunity to "jump the queue" should be a powerful motivator for someone to pay list price.

If I understand right, the dealerships get so long to have the car “on credit” before they have to pay VW UK for it. They hope to sell it in that time rather than buy it out of their own kitty whilst waiting for a buyer. If there is a deal to be done it will be when the car has been with them long enough without a sale for them to want to free up the capital tied up in the car.

Haven’t been to Lookers VW Teesside (Middlesbrough, Newport Road) in a very long time, they used to be very poor for negotiations in Teesside. Always found Sunderland Pulman to be the most receptive to a deal in the North East. In times past they have matched broker deals (based on price to change – lower discount offset by higher p/x allowance), you won’t get that off a GTI/GTD right now. Your best bet is to go broker considering all the best deals with dealerships seem to be drying up, and have always been harder to get with GTD than GTI.

I would definitely give Scotswood Road a bell to see if they still have the showroom GTI (not the demo one). It was Pure White around £29k, and for that I think it had 19” Santiagos, ACC, Nav and keyless.

Pulman might still have an unused specced GTD in (they got 3 in a while back and 2 are being used for demos between the 2 branches).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 20 August 2013, 12:56 »
Its worth pointing out that most demo's don't have the ADC 'eye' and therefore you need to factor this into your monthly amounts - as your insurance will be higher for a demo than for a GTI with ADC.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline fifthflaw

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 20 August 2013, 20:09 »
Its worth pointing out that most demo's don't have the ADC 'eye' and therefore you need to factor this into your monthly amounts - as your insurance will be higher for a demo than for a GTI with ADC.
Forgive my ignorance, what is an adc eye?

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 20 August 2013, 20:24 »

Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline fifthflaw

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 20 August 2013, 20:43 »

Got it, automatic distance control.  I take it this wont be on the demo cars?  Expected to make much of a difference to insurance?