Author Topic: Oryx White Obsession  (Read 3639 times)

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
Oryx White Obsession
« on: 08 August 2013, 16:34 »
Not strictly an MK7 post, but need something to keep me going while I am waiting for the car...

Based on my continued obsession of Oryx White - I've just booked my bicycle in to be completely stripped of all of its parts so that the frame and forks can be painted Oryx White to match my Golf.

I know it is a pretty sad thing to do, just trying to decide if I should leave the black seat post in place or spray that too.  I will post before and after photos when it is done.

Wonder if I should get a little GTI sticker and a red line on it too.  :undecided:

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: Oryx White Obsession
« Reply #1 on: 08 August 2013, 16:37 »
Pretty = very, but each unto their own!  I would have certain things gloss black so that the accents mirror those on the car itself.  All Oryx might look a bit OTT.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 08 August 2013, 16:42 »
Was just thinking about it, going to leave the currently black parts black, and for the dash of red the cable covers that operate the gears and brakes will be changed to red from the current grey.

I'm quite excited about it.  I'm going a 180Km ride in a day in September and my old bike would have looked a bit crappy compared to all the flashy bikes that will be there.  Now it will look amazing.

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 08 August 2013, 16:47 »
Wow, you really taking this a new level, ha ha!

Gloss black seat post, white handle bars with a red stripe across it. And the some spoken dokeys  :evil:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/spokey-dokeys

Or copy this:-

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #4 on: 08 August 2013, 16:47 »
Errm... I thought you was joking about this. :huh: hehehe

However, if you're going for it I'd leave the black post black.  You'll need some contrast on it.  Won't it be greased up anyway?

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 08 August 2013, 16:54 »
I was half joking, but now I am serious - it's on.

I will leave the seat post.  Shame the saddle itself is grey, I'm not going to change that as that cost me £80 that seat.

May not put the cables to red, maybe black, need to think that one over.  Will look similar to the bike that Ginge posted apart from that it is a road bike, so I will change the tape on the drop bars to white and then it will be nicely contrasting.

White frame and forks and grip tape on bars.
Black seatpost, stem and handlebars.

I'm not sure if I am being a dick or not really, but hopefully not! I think there is a chance it might look pretty cool.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #6 on: 08 August 2013, 16:55 »
Its gonna look unique thats for sure!  Hope its worth the effort, post some pics of the result? :cool:

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 08 August 2013, 16:58 »
Let me know the if you want any official VW decals for it. My mate does all the VW parts vans stickers so I'm sure he could run some off. He'd just need the measurement if the widest part of the frame and the length.

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 08 August 2013, 17:00 »
Cool, might take you up on that.  Will see how it looks bare when it is finished, then decide.

Will post before and after pics.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #9 on: 08 August 2013, 17:11 »
Depending on what else you have red on there, I would make the cables red as that will mirror the red stripe.  Done well (and tastefully as I'm sure it will be) it will be a nice looking bike!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep