Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1163969 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1100 on: 19 September 2013, 22:18 »
You can definitely see the difference between treated paint and untreated paint - need to get that gloss on ASAP Matchboy!  :laugh: (looks a little pink without it)

19s look great - money well spent there.

The MK7 is certainly worth the wait by a long stretch, I spend all day waiting for home time from work so I get get back in it and make an excuse to get back into it later, like forgetting something at the Supermarket (not deliberately).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #1101 on: 19 September 2013, 22:34 »
I must say like all the others it looks the bees knees. Can't wait for mine now. Also the 19 look the Sh!t. The first pics I have seen of the rear lights with them on. They look mean. Like they are saying don't tailgate me cos I'll bite your bo11ocks off.  :laugh:
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline tambourine

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1102 on: 19 September 2013, 22:38 »
You can definitely see the difference between treated paint and untreated paint - need to get that gloss on ASAP Matchboy!  :laugh: (looks a little pink without it)

19s look great - money well spent there.

The MK7 is certainly worth the wait by a long stretch, I spend all day waiting for home time from work so I get get back in it and make an excuse to get back into it later, like forgetting something at the Supermarket (not deliberately).
Like i said.... GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT. :wink:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1103 on: 20 September 2013, 07:59 »
The first pics I have seen of the rear lights with them on. They look mean. Like they are saying don't tailgate me cos I'll bite your bo11ocks off.  :laugh:

I think Matchboy's missus actually says that when she's on the road.  :grin:

Offline Berelli

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1104 on: 20 September 2013, 08:38 »
You know what I like - it's the fact that we LOVE to look at other's people cars, when they are all almost identical and for us to be in the lucky position to be able to have one is awesome, also we all have the quiet satisfaction that we have one of the best all round cars EVER built!!!

p.s collecting mine tomorrow -  :smiley: cheers chaps enjoy....
Mk7 GTI, Pure White, 5 Door, Manual, ACC - Collected and enjoying it.

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
« Reply #1105 on: 20 September 2013, 09:34 »
You know what I like - it's the fact that we LOVE to look at other's people cars, when they are all almost identical and for us to be in the lucky position to be able to have one is awesome, also we all have the quiet satisfaction that we have one of the best all round cars EVER built!!!

p.s collecting mine tomorrow -  :smiley: cheers chaps enjoy....

Good luck for the collection tomorrow Berelli. They are arriving thick and fast now!

J

2013 GTI (GONE) - 2014 GTI Performance Pack - Manual, Discover Nav, 5 door, Park Assist

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1106 on: 20 September 2013, 10:28 »
Thanks for all the nice comments.  B0llocks intact MH!  :laugh:

Now done 100 miles - and all I can say is wow!  Had a cheeky blast up to 5k revs this morning and the power was sensational!  Also had some joker in an A3 2.0 TDI try and give it some beans - bore off, I'll give you 3 guesses who came out of that one on top!  :laugh:

Things I love:

- The lights inside the cabin at night.  Any pics you see do not do it justice - it looks fantastic!  I especially like the little touches like when you unlock the car, the spotlights shine down onto each seat, and also the red strip that lights up on the door and on the kick plate at the bottom of the door - subtle yet at the same time a real classy touch.  Lots of schizzle going on in the cabin, haven't figured any of it out as yet so can't wait for the weekend to sit down with the handbook and have a play!

- The power - I haven't really put my foot down other than a quick blast as above, driving pretty steadily not really revving over 3.5k - 4k revs.  I'll stick to that till at least 500 miles then start really putting my foot down.  Consumption at the moment therefore is a reasonable 31.9 but if you go up a steep hill good luck getting over 10 at that point!  Still, no one buys a GTI expecting VW's stated 47!  I'm sure once the engine loosens up it will go up, but then obviously there is more temptation to put your foot down  :laugh:

- In terms of drive, I agree with Gung-Ho in the fact that the 19's definitely feel firmer than the 18's I tried from my test drive (I have everything in Sport btw), but without speccing ACC I can't comment on how that would affect the ride if it was in normal for example.  Saying that - the ride itself is absolutely fine, I don't even notice it unless it's a particularly bad road surface.  Any speed humps have been negotiated at a snail's pace!!  The car is planted, comfy and both me and the missus have said that it is a noticeably better ride on the 19s than it was on my mk 6 on 18s.

- The 19s - I could literally stare at them all day, they look the t!ts in the flesh!

- Dynaudio - just awesome.  The sound quality is crystal clear and I haven't even tried it over half way on the volume yet as its so loud!!

- Engine sound - I'm sure I read that there is a sound actuator pumping the sound into the car - I know that's slightly artificial but once you pass 3k revs it sounds f-ing brilliant!!

- Phone stuff - bluetoothed in straight away, works like a dream, no hassle whatsoever!  Not tried it via the iPhone lead as yet though!

DRL's - I love them, they look mean as f7ck and everyone gets out of the way  :grin:  Also, everyone is looking at it, especially the blokes (probably thinking what a (unt) so that's always good  :grin:

Things I don't like/niggles:

SD Card - I've noticed there's a slight delay for the pictures to appear when you first turn on the car if it's not first thing in the morning.  It's like its taking its time to read the data.  Very small issue howerver and pure impatience on my part.

Rain - bore off, car is pretty filthy all ready!  Roll on Tuesday for its detailing!

New car paranoia - literally constantly thinking about it all day wondering if touching it/looking at it etc etc - that will pass I'm sure!  :laugh:

So in conclusion there is nothing I do not like about this car!  I could go on all day about all the finer details and I'm sure there's still loads of stuff I'll come across as the time passes.  I'm sure there will be stuff that I don't like/find sooner or later as no car is perfect, but at the moment it's a dream motor.

Was it worth the wait?  Most definitely!  Would I buy at launch again?  Ask me in 3 years  :grin:

The best car I've ever owned by a mile and I absolutely LOVE it!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1107 on: 20 September 2013, 11:06 »
Excellent write-up mirroring pretty much all  initial owner experiences here. The tweakability of the systems and menus is huge – you will have plenty of reading to do at the weekend MB!  :tongue:

You cannot read first reviews like that from people here who have theirs and be in any doubt the red mist will clear once you get your hands on yours. It’s worth it in the end for such a well-rounded package, although it’s a pity VW choose to test your mettle in such a full on way!

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1108 on: 20 September 2013, 11:16 »
Excellent write-up mirroring pretty much all  initial owner experiences here. The tweakability of the systems and menus is huge – you will have plenty of reading to do at the weekend MB!  :tongue:

You cannot read first reviews like that from people here who have theirs and be in any doubt the red mist will clear once you get your hands on yours. It’s worth it in the end for such a well-rounded package, although it’s a pity VW choose to test your mettle in such a full on way!

Oh yes, I know first hand what a complete joke of a launch its been and the utter despair/frustration being felt by those who haven't had their cars - but fortunately for VW the end product is so good that you do put the last 5 months to the back of your mind!

Bear is picking up his M135i today - I'm looking forward to seeing pics of that!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline tambourine

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1109 on: 20 September 2013, 11:32 »
Thanks for all the nice comments.  B0llocks intact MH!  :laugh:

Now done 100 miles - and all I can say is wow!  Had a cheeky blast up to 5k revs this morning and the power was sensational!  Also had some joker in an A3 2.0 TDI try and give it some beans - bore off, I'll give you 3 guesses who came out of that one on top!  :laugh:

Things I love:

- The lights inside the cabin at night.  Any pics you see do not do it justice - it looks fantastic!  I especially like the little touches like when you unlock the car, the spotlights shine down onto each seat, and also the red strip that lights up on the door and on the kick plate at the bottom of the door - subtle yet at the same time a real classy touch.  Lots of schizzle going on in the cabin, haven't figured any of it out as yet so can't wait for the weekend to sit down with the handbook and have a play!

- The power - I haven't really put my foot down other than a quick blast as above, driving pretty steadily not really revving over 3.5k - 4k revs.  I'll stick to that till at least 500 miles then start really putting my foot down.  Consumption at the moment therefore is a reasonable 31.9 but if you go up a steep hill good luck getting over 10 at that point!  Still, no one buys a GTI expecting VW's stated 47!  I'm sure once the engine loosens up it will go up, but then obviously there is more temptation to put your foot down  :laugh:

- In terms of drive, I agree with Gung-Ho in the fact that the 19's definitely feel firmer than the 18's I tried from my test drive (I have everything in Sport btw), but without speccing ACC I can't comment on how that would affect the ride if it was in normal for example.  Saying that - the ride itself is absolutely fine, I don't even notice it unless it's a particularly bad road surface.  Any speed humps have been negotiated at a snail's pace!!  The car is planted, comfy and both me and the missus have said that it is a noticeably better ride on the 19s than it was on my mk 6 on 18s.

- The 19s - I could literally stare at them all day, they look the t!ts in the flesh!

- Dynaudio - just awesome.  The sound quality is crystal clear and I haven't even tried it over half way on the volume yet as its so loud!!

- Engine sound - I'm sure I read that there is a sound actuator pumping the sound into the car - I know that's slightly artificial but once you pass 3k revs it sounds f-ing brilliant!!

- Phone stuff - bluetoothed in straight away, works like a dream, no hassle whatsoever!  Not tried it via the iPhone lead as yet though!

DRL's - I love them, they look mean as f7ck and everyone gets out of the way  :grin:  Also, everyone is looking at it, especially the blokes (probably thinking what a (unt) so that's always good  :grin:

Things I don't like/niggles:

SD Card - I've noticed there's a slight delay for the pictures to appear when you first turn on the car if it's not first thing in the morning.  It's like its taking its time to read the data.  Very small issue howerver and pure impatience on my part.

Rain - bore off, car is pretty filthy all ready!  Roll on Tuesday for its detailing!

New car paranoia - literally constantly thinking about it all day wondering if touching it/looking at it etc etc - that will pass I'm sure!  :laugh:

So in conclusion there is nothing I do not like about this car!  I could go on all day about all the finer details and I'm sure there's still loads of stuff I'll come across as the time passes.  I'm sure there will be stuff that I don't like/find sooner or later as no car is perfect, but at the moment it's a dream motor.

Was it worth the wait?  Most definitely!  Would I buy at launch again?  Ask me in 3 years  :grin:

The best car I've ever owned by a mile and I absolutely LOVE it!!
---Excellent write-up---- I like your style. :cool: