Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1162394 times)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1080 on: 19 September 2013, 13:29 »
Real nice car, and I think TR with 19s will be a more 'exclusive' look.  I'll keep an eye out for it around since we're not too far away!

EDIT:
Mark you've got it by now right?  WHERE ARE THE PICTURES! :grin:

Just got back to work after picking it up - will post some pics up this evening after I've been round to show my mum and dad  :grin:

First impressions - F7ck. Me. This car is outstanding!!  I love it!!  I'll do a detailed first review later, suffice to say the power is fantastic (couldn't resist a cheeky little blast even though its p!ssing it down here  :laugh:) and its a dream to drive!!  :cool:

No chance of persuading your boss to give you the rest of the day off? I think its only fair  :grin:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1081 on: 19 September 2013, 13:37 »
Real nice car, and I think TR with 19s will be a more 'exclusive' look.  I'll keep an eye out for it around since we're not too far away!

EDIT:

Just got back to work after picking it up - will post some pics up this evening after I've been round to show my mum and dad  :grin:

First impressions - F7ck. Me. This car is outstanding!!  I love it!!  I'll do a detailed first review later, suffice to say the power is fantastic (couldn't resist a cheeky little blast even though its p!ssing it down here  :laugh:) and its a dream to drive!!  :cool:

No chance of persuading your boss to give you the rest of the day off? I think its only fair  :grin:

Just bunk off?  Its easy if you have two sites you might be at because each will assume you're working at the other place.  Send a few periodic emails from home with standard work BS and no one will suspect a thing!  And if someone does get suspicious then there is always the fall back of claiming you were in transit and ran into heavy traffic.

Err... not that I would do this myself.  Or think about it.  Honest.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1082 on: 19 September 2013, 13:40 »

EDIT:

Just bunk off?  Its easy if you have two sites you might be at because each will assume you're working at the other place.  Send a few periodic emails from home with standard work BS and no one will suspect a thing!  And if someone does get suspicious then there is always the fall back of claiming you were in transit and ran into heavy traffic.

Err... not that I would do this myself.  Or think about it.  Honest.

:grin: :grin:

I'm my own boss!  So I can leave when I want!  If it had turned up earlier in the week I would have taken the day off, but unfortunately I've an audit next week that I didn't know about until yesterday afternoon, so I've got work to do this week in order to get ready grrr - I shall of course be leaving early though  :cool:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1083 on: 19 September 2013, 13:45 »
All that moaning about the wait becomes a distant memory when you've finally got your wheels.  :whistle: Waiting until the weekend to get it sealed/waxed?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1084 on: 19 September 2013, 13:49 »
All that moaning about the wait becomes a distant memory when you've finally got your wheels.  :whistle: Waiting until the weekend to get it sealed/waxed?

Absolutely!  Although if I was going to moan I'd comment on the just under half a tank of petrol they gave me and no extras  :rolleyes:

Still, all forgotten now!  :grin:

Just waiting on my valet man to get back to me with a date to do the whole car (I'm not as brave/gifted as you chaps to do it myself *cough* I'm lazy) so fingers crossed he can fit me in in the next few days!!
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1085 on: 19 September 2013, 13:52 »
Just waiting on my valet man to get back to me with a date to do the whole car (I'm not as brave/gifted as you chaps to do it myself *cough* I'm lazy) so fingers crossed he can fit me in in the next few days!!

Hot much is he?  Its tempting to say does he want to do mine at the same time!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1086 on: 19 September 2013, 14:01 »

You don’t need to be gifted to use C2V3 – as easy to apply as a wax, no special care needed around the plastics, it treats those too. So we’ve narrowed it down to you being lazy!  :tongue:

Got about 4 gallons in my car, which lasted me about 140 miles. Ran it to zero and then put the good stuff in. I suppose I did well on the unexpected Autoglym treatment (although in reality I took it off and applied the G-techniq, so only really benefitted from the glass and upholstery treatment as well as the bag of goodies which still may be ebayed for upwards of £40).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1087 on: 19 September 2013, 14:10 »

£175 - two coats and that includes sealing the inside as well.  He'll spend hours on it.  Proper awesome at what he does (check out the cars he does via his facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/D-R-Valeting/162937613776117?fref=ts )

MH - basically you've hit the nail on the head - I am lazy!  But also this chap is the nuts so he'll do a brilliant job (been using him for 6 years now).  Yeah, I'll do the same - run it down to zero and fill her up properly!
Audi RS5 2018

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1088 on: 19 September 2013, 14:13 »

£175 - two coats and that includes sealing the inside as well.  He'll spend hours on it.  Proper awesome at what he does (check out the cars he does via his facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/D-R-Valeting/162937613776117?fref=ts )

MH - basically you've hit the nail on the head - I am lazy!  But also this chap is the nuts so he'll do a brilliant job (been using him for 6 years now).  Yeah, I'll do the same - run it down to zero and fill her up properly!

Some nice motors on there mate! £175 seems fair tbh. 8)
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1089 on: 19 September 2013, 14:38 »

Some nice motors on there mate! £175 seems fair tbh. 8)

Yeah, especially in the album called 'Cars' right at the bottom of his page you'll find my old DPB MK 6 GTI!
Audi RS5 2018