Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1155114 times)

Offline Hobojim

• GTI forum regular
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1010 on: 16 September 2013, 09:58 »
Thank you very much Norbreck!

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1011 on: 16 September 2013, 10:44 »
Excellent post Norbreck! Looks amazing.

What did you treat the plastics with?

Also is that piece of plastic supposed to be there... (where they key hole should be)
Current // Golf GTD 3dr DSG - Carbon Grey | Discovery Nav Pro, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack
Previous // Polo GTI 6r - Black | Xenons, MFSW, Winter Pack, Sensor Pack, Convenience Pack, Climate Control, RNS 510 w/Bluetooth

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1012 on: 16 September 2013, 12:47 »
Thanks for the comments.

Black Plastic trim was treated to Gtechniq's C4 trim restorer. Gives a nice satin finish and beads brilliantly.

The plastic where the key hole should be, was left on by the dealer at my request. As this keyless system is all new to me, I didn't want to scratch the plastic cowl looking for a non existent key hole, until such time as I'm totally familiar with the system (a couple of weeks I guess).
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1013 on: 16 September 2013, 13:19 »
Thanks for the comments.

Black Plastic trim was treated to Gtechniq's C4 trim restorer. Gives a nice satin finish and beads brilliantly.

The plastic where the key hole should be, was left on by the dealer at my request. As this keyless system is all new to me, I didn't want to scratch the plastic cowl looking for a non existent key hole, until such time as I'm totally familiar with the system (a couple of weeks I guess).

Brilliant! Never used the C4 before but will defiantly be picking up a bottle.

That makes sense and is probably a good idea
Current // Golf GTD 3dr DSG - Carbon Grey | Discovery Nav Pro, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack
Previous // Polo GTI 6r - Black | Xenons, MFSW, Winter Pack, Sensor Pack, Convenience Pack, Climate Control, RNS 510 w/Bluetooth

Ricepop

« Reply #1014 on: 16 September 2013, 13:32 »
Thanks for the comments.

Brilliant! Never used the C4 before but will defiantly be picking up a bottle.

That makes sense and is probably a good idea

Be careful which C4 you use, I wouldn't recommend this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABmLd-JfDeU

I suppose you wont have to worry about the paint though.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1015 on: 16 September 2013, 13:38 »
I just used C2V3 on the exterior trim too. It can treat pretty much everything but your windscreen and you don’t have to mask areas off or watch components it is going onto etc. Water beads nicely on C2V3 treated trim. Didn’t see the need to buy the whole G-Techniq range to do the car when C2V3 is pretty universal.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1016 on: 16 September 2013, 14:03 »
Fiat point MH. It never occurred to be to use C2V3 for everything.

why didn't you tell me that before and save me some money   :evil: :evil: :evil:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1017 on: 16 September 2013, 14:07 »
A lot of Gtechniq products are like this C4 and C1 are the same as well as C2.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1018 on: 16 September 2013, 14:45 »
A lot of Gtechniq products are like this C4 and C1 are the same as well as C2.

With C1 and C4 you’re paying for the longevity (2 or 3 years as opposed to 8 months with the C2V3) – and boy are you paying for it with £40ish for 15mL of the stuff – one spill could be expensive. Longevity is great, but when something does the same job but lasts a third of the time for a ninetieth of the price I’ll apply it three times as often – when I do the bodywork anyway. It does save a lot of farting around where trim meets body etc. Going to stick to C2V3 every 6-8 months and top my wheels up with the stuff every 3 months.

In spite of the cost – I was a bit scared of the C1 anyway – I read somewhere you can easily cock up if it is left on too long or unevenly. I’d leave C1 application to the pros or very experienced amateur. C2V3 is as easy to apply as a wax (seems a bit harder work taking off the excess vs wax).

Liking the painted calipers, but doubt I’ll see a canny day to do mine this year now (going on holiday very shortly and lots to do with packing etc before we go). I wouldn’t go for the bright red on mine. With it being a bright red car, I think unless the colour matches the bodywork exactly it might not look the best – gloss black for me if I bother. On a white car though, or probably any colour but Tornado Red, the contrast of the red looks good.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Ricepop

« Reply #1019 on: 16 September 2013, 15:45 »
Well after 5 months of waiting something has finally happened.

This has arrived on my doorstep.

Its proper poverty spec, it doesn't even have remote central locking. I'm off for a drive to test out that world renowned hire car handling.