Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1157810 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1000 on: 15 September 2013, 18:06 »
That colour is superb! Biased obviously, but it looks the nuts!

The same cant be said of your parking though  :lipsrsealed: :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1001 on: 15 September 2013, 18:11 »

There was a car literally just a foot in front of me when I parked up. Thought i'd done a great job of getting in but slightly overcooked the straighening up (didn't quite touch the kerb with my fronts)  :rolleyes:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1002 on: 15 September 2013, 18:13 »

There was a car literally just a foot in front of me when I parked up. Thought i'd done a great job of getting in but slightly overcooked the straighening up (didn't quite touch the kerb with my fronts)  :rolleyes:

:grin: To be fair, better to park like that than kerb those alloys - worst feeling in the world when it happens  :cry:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1003 on: 15 September 2013, 18:14 »

:grin: To be fair, better to park like that than kerb those alloys - worst feeling in the world when it happens  :cry:

Yep - if you kerb polished alloy you'll probably have to paint them all.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline allycat45

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1004 on: 15 September 2013, 18:20 »

Yep - if you kerb polished alloy you'll probably have to paint them all.

It may be slightly off-topic, but I think you should chase the council up to do a bit of weeding  :wink:

Nice car though :grin:
Arrived: GTI, DSG, 5 Door, Carbon Steel Grey, Service Plan, Winter Pack, Side Airbag, DCC (or ACC - the Adaptive Chassis thing, ok?), Park Assist, Rear View Camera

Offline e.l.s

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1005 on: 15 September 2013, 18:53 »
Thank you again monkeyhanger, I can't wait until ours arrives! Only another 6-8 weeks to go  :drool:
red GTD, sunroof. BW 39. Picked up 15.10.13

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #1006 on: 15 September 2013, 18:58 »
Some stunning pictures in here.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1007 on: 15 September 2013, 22:28 »
As I'm a bit of a pic whore - sorry  :laugh:, thought as it had been pi55ing down today, i'd share a few pics of the beading of the C2V3. As MH said, it really is great stuff.

AGE_3572 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3571 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3569 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3568 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3567 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3551 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3553 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

AGE_3554 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Also managed to get round to load the speed cameras on the Navi Pro (you can see the 40mph one in the photo below)

AGE_3562 by Sootchucker, on Flickr
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Hobojim

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1008 on: 15 September 2013, 22:46 »
Norbeck is there somewhere with info on how to do the speed camera thing?

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #1009 on: 15 September 2013, 23:02 »
It's in a few places but basically its like this.

Get your up to date speed cam database on the computer (I have a subscription to pocket GPS world), in the correct format for the Navi (I use *.asc files). The good thing about Pocket GPS world, is when you download the speed camera database, it also downloads the .bmp picture icons as well.

With the database at hand, nip over to the following address on the VW Germany site (this is for the Pro Nav), and it will open the Navi companion site.

http://www.volkswagen.de/de/navigation/discover-pro/poi-listen-sammlung.html

Then using the on line app you load each one of the database at a time (for instance Gatso 30 mph) in the upper part of the box.

In the second line, give this database a name (what it will show up as on the Nav), and in the last line browse for the .bmp icon file for each camera.

Then clicking the small requester bottom left, adds this to your waiting list, and you can repeat this step for as many POI's as you want. For instance I added - Gatso 30, 40, 50 & 60, Specs 30, 40, 50 & 60, and red light cameras.

Finally when you have created your list, hit the button in the lower right corner give your collection a name, and this creates a zip file for you.

Extract this zip file to the root of an SD card. It will create a folder called PersonalPOI and a single text file (you need both).

Then insert the SD card into one of the cars SD slots, go to set-up, information, and click "software update". It will search the SD cards and add your POI's onto the Nav, where you can then select them as POI's to display.

The whole process took about 30 minutes earlier. If you get stuck, just go to google translate and translate the Navi companion as it contains on screen (albeit by default in German), all the instructions.

Hope this helps.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras