Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1163623 times)

Offline chazzypuk

• GTI forum regular
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #990 on: 15 September 2013, 11:02 »
That is one stunning looking car I have to say... And this is coming from a fella who thinks white cars are on the decline lol
I really liked your detailing route, my own red gtd will be getting the same treatment soon arrival. Did you ask the dealer not to do any prep to the car?

Health to drive  :smiley:

Yes, no prep. To be honest he's used to me by now as we have purchased 6 VW's from them, and all of them have not been prep'd by them.

I know we have all see photos before of the GTI/GTD's, so sorry for posting so many (especially as they seem to be arriving thick and fast at the moment), but it was hard to contain myself yesterday.  :grin:

Thanks for the pictures! I'm glad you put so many on! I've got a white GTD coming too and it's just reassured me I've made the right colour choice! I've always thought white didn't shine that much but this has proved that wrong! Looks awesome mate. I need to get detailing when I get mine. Don't have all the kit you have though :-(
Golf GTD Mk7 3dr Manual, Pure White, Adaptive Chassis Control, Panoramic roof, Discover Pro Nav, Keyless entry, Dynaudio, Park assist, High beam assist, Leather pack, Service Pack.

Offline EpicUsername

• Not said much yet
« Reply #991 on: 15 September 2013, 11:04 »
On that note, how much roughly did you spend on the set up for that detailing? Alot of the stuff I've been looking at is quite expensive.

Jules Winfield

« Reply #992 on: 15 September 2013, 11:54 »
Lovely car, Norbreck21a.  Must resist temptation to buy a Mark 7.  Must resist temptation to buy a Mark 7.  Must resist temptation to buy a Mark 7.

EpicUsername: detailing stuff is generally quite expensive, especially if you buy decent products (i.e. not from Halfords).  It's not just the various liquids and whatnot, it's all the micro-fibres, mitts, spray bottles, a power washer (if you want one - mine is a Kranzle and was not cheap at all) - it all adds up (and slowly starts to take over your garage).  You can get quite carried away: I just spent £40 on some wheel cleaning brushes (Wheel Woolies - supposedly very good).

It is worth it, though.  My near-three year old GTD has a bonnet covered in stone chips and the odd scratch here and there, but still looks stunning after I've spent two or three hours on a Sunday afternoon giving it some TLC. 

Offline e.l.s

• Not said much yet
« Reply #993 on: 15 September 2013, 12:23 »
It's beautiful! Wish we'd been able to see a white one before ordering. Husband would have ordered white but I was afraid to as it just doesn't suit some cars. Hope ours looks as good (red, sunroof)

The GTD will be the 4th car we've bought new over the years, but I never felt this excited and emotional about the others!  :smiley:
red GTD, sunroof. BW 39. Picked up 15.10.13

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #994 on: 15 September 2013, 12:33 »
It's beautiful! Wish we'd been able to see a white one before ordering. Husband would have ordered white but I was afraid to as it just doesn't suit some cars. Hope ours looks as good (red, sunroof)

The GTD will be the 4th car we've bought new over the years, but I never felt this excited and emotional about the others!  :smiley:

Red GTD looks great - my pics are earlier in the new arrivals pages (page 83/84 maybe?), not at its best because it was getting dark. Looked great in the sun yesterday when we were out in it, and looks nearly as good in crappy weather.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #995 on: 15 September 2013, 12:41 »
On that note, how much roughly did you spend on the set up for that detailing? Alot of the stuff I've been looking at is quite expensive.

Dodo juice waxes are very good a pot may cost you £40-50 but it lasts along time ,I purchased some from the lad who sponsors the detailing section four years ago and it is still half full or empty if you are a pessimist  :grin:
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline e.l.s

• Not said much yet
« Reply #996 on: 15 September 2013, 13:23 »

Red GTD looks great - my pics are earlier in the new arrivals pages (page 83/84 maybe?), not at its best because it was getting dark. Looked great in the sun yesterday when we were out in it, and looks nearly as good in crappy weather.

Thanks MH, feel better now  :smiley:
red GTD, sunroof. BW 39. Picked up 15.10.13

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #997 on: 15 September 2013, 13:25 »
Thanks all. To be honest I've yet to see one in a bad colour, but for me it was a choice of 3 - white, Red and Carbon Steel Grey. TBH, I sorta chickened out with the white, and having had a white scirocco before, found it was actually one of the easiest colours I've ever owned to look after, and to be honest doesn't look dirty nearly as quickly as you may think (especially compared to my Deep black pearl MK5 Golf).

As regards price of the detailing products, well then as stated, some can be quite expensive, but I'm into this sort of thing, so built my "collection" over a number of years. Having said that, the absolute steal of the century at the moment has to be Gtechniq's C2V3, think they were about £5-6 per bottle, and one of them so far has done 2 cars (with only half of the first bottle used).
« Last Edit: 15 September 2013, 13:28 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #998 on: 15 September 2013, 17:16 »
Looks superb mate, cant wait for my white one to arrive, One thing could i ask, the area around the number plate on the front, is this how it comes on the MK7, with the black plate holding it on?
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #999 on: 15 September 2013, 17:47 »
For e.l.s.'s benefit mainly, I found a brief few seconds the sun got out today, so here is a slightly brighter pic of the car. It still looks spotless despite doing 35 miles today on very wet and mucky roads - crap does not want to stick to the C2V3 treatment at all.

Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.