Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1162550 times)

Offline allycat45

• Not said much yet
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #920 on: 12 September 2013, 16:24 »
Bear is never right, he is a BMW driver

Not yet I'm not!

Bear, did you order your BMW with or without indicators? Either way you will have to learn not to use them!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh FFS, I've just had to put up with this sh!t at work.  The exact same joke twice today already. :rolleyes:

But yes, I suppose I had better disable the indicators to avoid accidentally changing BMWs hard earned reputation. :tongue:

I'm sure I've got a big hammer in the garage somewhere you can borrow ...  :evil:
Arrived: GTI, DSG, 5 Door, Carbon Steel Grey, Service Plan, Winter Pack, Side Airbag, DCC (or ACC - the Adaptive Chassis thing, ok?), Park Assist, Rear View Camera

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #921 on: 12 September 2013, 16:39 »
Right... Just to clear everything up. Here are the abbreviations in the Owners Manual

From what I can tell:

ACC = Adaptive Cruise Control

DCC = Adaptive Chassis Control

(Nothing mentioned on ADC)

Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #922 on: 12 September 2013, 16:49 »
Craig mate! I think you're getting yourself into a pickle...  :grin: ADC is the Automatic Distance Control... You know that camera thingy at the front.. :grin:

You need it switched on or active for the ACC to function.

:grin: :grin:  :grin: Feck sake, there are far to many acronyms. Where in the menu do you switch it on?

Craig mate... Go into Menu on the infotainment system

Then Vehicle
Then "Setup"
Then "Driver Assistance"
Then scroll down to "Front assist"
Press "Active"

Hope that helps bud!  :wink:
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #923 on: 12 September 2013, 18:15 »
Craig mate! I think you're getting yourself into a pickle...  :grin: ADC is the Automatic Distance Control... You know that camera thingy at the front.. :grin:

You need it switched on or active for the ACC to function.

:grin: :grin:  :grin: Feck sake, there are far to many acronyms. Where in the menu do you switch it on?

Craig mate... Go into Menu on the infotainment system

Then Vehicle
Then "Setup"
Then "Driver Assistance"
Then scroll down to "Front assist"
Press "Active"

Hope that helps bud!  :wink:

Cheers Pal. Ill give it a go. Looking forward to seeing how it works  :smiley:

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #924 on: 12 September 2013, 18:33 »
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #925 on: 12 September 2013, 19:04 »

30mins and no one replied?? And it's not white either.  Looks fab mate, must be a unique colour wheel combination, relatively speaking! :cool:

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #926 on: 12 September 2013, 19:06 »
Mate!!! That looks 'Sweet'!.... :cool:

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the 19" alloys , in terms of ride quality. Mine are shocking, even with the DCC set to comfort. Bugger to clean as well. Cleaned mine just today and discovered there's a lip that runs behind the spokes which is difficult to get to... Just collects brake dust!!!! So annoying..  :angry: (I think the alloys on the M135i have a similar problem)
« Last Edit: 12 September 2013, 19:08 by Gung-Ho »

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #927 on: 12 September 2013, 19:10 »
Mate!!! That looks 'Sweet'!.... :cool:

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the 19" alloys , in terms of ride quality. Mine are shocking, even with the DCC set to comfort. Bugger to clean as well. Cleaned mine just today and discovered there's a lip that runs behind the spokes which is difficult to get to... Just collects brake dust!!!! So annoying..  :angry: (I think the alloys on the M135i have a similar problem)

The 18"s have the same lip pal  :smiley:

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #928 on: 12 September 2013, 19:14 »

30mins and no one replied?? And it's not white either.  Looks fab mate, must be a unique colour wheel combination, relatively speaking! :cool:
Thanks it Looks even better in the flesh  :cool:
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #929 on: 12 September 2013, 19:19 »
That looks fantastic.
 :cool:

Enjoy.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.