Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1162606 times)

physio

Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #910 on: 12 September 2013, 13:51 »
For the record:
ADC Automatic Distance Control (cruise control)
ACC Active Chassis Control (suspension settings, its nothing to do with the cruise control and there is no such thing as Active Cruise Control)
DCC Doesn't exist (maybe it did on the mk 6 but it isn't on the Mk 7)

Research people :rolleyes: oh I forgot you are busy driving your cars :cry:

I'm pretty sure you've got that backwards mate.  Its ACC that doesn't exist and DCC that does.  ACC is stupid anyway as it could mean adaptive chassis control or active cruise control or automatic climate control... etc etc etc

ACC
ADC
DCC
God help the
AA
Or
RAC
When they get called out
  :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ricepop

« Reply #911 on: 12 September 2013, 15:35 »
For the record:
ACC Active Chassis Control (suspension settings, its nothing to do with the cruise control and there is no such thing as Active Cruise Control)

I'm pretty sure you've got that backwards mate.  Its ACC that doesn't exist and DCC that does.  ACC is stupid anyway as it could mean adaptive chassis control or active cruise control or automatic climate control... etc etc etc

No its definitely ACC

This is from the price list.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #912 on: 12 September 2013, 15:41 »
For the record:

No its definitely ACC

This is from the price list.

Yes but that is what I am saying... VW UK have it wrong (in the price list etc...).  If you look in the cars own menu it is DCC (someone with a car delivery can confirm/deny this?) and VW Germany call it DCC.  The confusion arises because VWUK have mistakenly called DCC ACC.

... Unless I'm wrong, but when we had the first confusion about 3 months ago I looked into it so I'm pretty certain this is the case.

EDIT:
In fact, that jogs my memory.  Didn't we conclude the mistake had been made due to the way they had translated DCC into English?  There was some discussion about what it is called in other languages IIRC.

It definitely should be DCC, its ACC that doesn't (shouldn't) exist.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #913 on: 12 September 2013, 15:51 »
Bear is right, it may well be referred to as ACC in the price list but on the car menu its DCC.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Ricepop

« Reply #914 on: 12 September 2013, 15:59 »
Bear is right, it may well be referred to as ACC in the price list but on the car menu its DCC.

Bear is never right, he is a BMW driver :wink:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #915 on: 12 September 2013, 16:09 »

Bear is never right, he is a BMW driver :wink:

Not yet I'm not! :wink:

Offline mackandmark

• Not said much yet
« Reply #916 on: 12 September 2013, 16:16 »
Bear is never right, he is a BMW driver

Not yet I'm not!

Bear, did you order your BMW with or without indicators? Either way you will have to learn not to use them!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #917 on: 12 September 2013, 16:19 »
It's quite simple - don't bother with cruise control (you're not driving a taxi) and stick everything else in 'Sport'

Job done  :wink:

Cruise on the motorway is a god send but none of you should be doing motorway runs yet, you're still running them in after all  :tongue:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #918 on: 12 September 2013, 16:21 »

Not yet I'm not!

Bear, did you order your BMW with or without indicators? Either way you will have to learn not to use them!!

He'll be carrying too much speed to even think about using them!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #919 on: 12 September 2013, 16:21 »

Not yet I'm not!

Oh FFS, I've just had to put up with this sh!t at work.  The exact same joke twice today already. :rolleyes:

But yes, I suppose I had better disable the indicators to avoid accidentally changing BMWs hard earned reputation. :tongue: