Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1163846 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #890 on: 11 September 2013, 22:51 »
just as jimble said. bit strange but true.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #891 on: 11 September 2013, 23:14 »
Ah that would explain why my auto tilt on reverse stopped working tonight monkeyhanger. The 0 position, must remember that in the morning. I have to say the steering wheel is a bit of a mind field there are so many buttons. Just looking at the manual for the car its some size...

« Last Edit: 20 July 2014, 23:00 by mk7gti »

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #892 on: 11 September 2013, 23:40 »
It does take a bit of time getting used to all the buttons on the steering wheel and trying to remember where they all are without taking your eyes of the road. I still need to read some more on the ACC and how you set it, not used it up to now.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #893 on: 12 September 2013, 07:58 »
It does take a bit of time getting used to all the buttons on the steering wheel and trying to remember where they all are without taking your eyes of the road. I still need to read some more on the ACC and how you set it, not used it up to now.

Yep - used to audio volume buttons being placed up (+) and down (-) on my Scirocco, not left bottom (-) and right bottom (+). I'm learning! A few times i've squarely pressed a radio station icon square on and it has scrolled to the next set of presets and just stayed there despite me trying to scroll back.

Had a false call on the ADC this morning. There is a filter lane left onto the coast road from Billy Mill roundabout, and 2 lanes that go straight over or right. Trying to squeeze left onto the slip road past a static bus which is in the middle lane (intending to go straight over the roundabout when there is a gap in traffic) and the ADC is bleeping and flashing red chevron icons in the MFD.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Ricepop

« Reply #894 on: 12 September 2013, 10:52 »
Are you talking about ADC or ACC,
It seems odd that you would spend £900 on ACC and not use it.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #895 on: 12 September 2013, 11:03 »
Had a false call on the ADC this morning. There is a filter lane left onto the coast road from Billy Mill roundabout, and 2 lanes that go straight over or right. Trying to squeeze left onto the slip road past a static bus which is in the middle lane (intending to go straight over the roundabout when there is a gap in traffic) and the ADC is bleeping and flashing red chevron icons in the MFD.

Really there needs to be a quick override button you can press on the steering wheel if it starts going off and you want to clear it and avoid any unintended braking.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #896 on: 12 September 2013, 11:30 »

Really there needs to be a quick override button you can press on the steering wheel if it starts going off and you want to clear it and avoid any unintended braking.

Like an acknowledgement button in natural and instinctive reach on the steering wheel just to let the car know that you know about the perceived danger . My dad did say weeks ago he’d had his set off by buses and trucks being alongside him in moving traffic.

Maybe the “ok” button on the right side of the steering wheel would do the job. When that thing is flashing or beeping at you, lock out the use of the “ok” button for any other purpose, as it is the only thing in your MFD when ADC notification of danger is made, so can’t be used for anything else at that point anyway. I should’ve tried to press the “ok” button – maybe VW thought of it already? Who knows I will try it next time to see what happens.
« Last Edit: 12 September 2013, 11:33 by monkeyhanger »

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #897 on: 12 September 2013, 11:40 »
Are you talking about ADC or ACC,
It seems odd that you would spend £900 on ACC and not use it.

VW really do need to be careful with the abbreviations. ACC = adaptive cruise control in the menu system, but it also means adaptive chassis control in the UK (called DCC/Dynamic chassis control elsewhere).

Within the car’s system menus, which seem to be universal for all markets (except for language), ACC means cruise and DCC means active damping/suspension.

I couldn’t use my cruise the other day (the car wouldn’t let me), but I think that’s because my ADC system was not active (switched off in the menus). It is on now for “very close” set up, so I’ll have to try out my cruise again. With ADC off, it seemed that cruise didn’t even want to act as like a traditional cruise system, paying no heed to the car in front, only to the speed you set.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #898 on: 12 September 2013, 11:57 »
I wonder if that is something that could be coded with VCDS or whatever its called.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #899 on: 12 September 2013, 11:58 »
It's a shame there isn't a button a la the hill stop start function (which I used for the first time properly today and is very handy!) which you can turn it off/on as you so wish.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....