Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1164598 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #880 on: 11 September 2013, 15:13 »
Usually BMW drivers cutting the queue.....  :lipsrsealed: :laugh:

Aye, I hear that those M135i drivers are the worst for it!  :whistle: :laugh:

Oh, you guys! :rolleyes:

I will do the same, blocking impolite overtakers where I can.  Sometimes, however, you have to make a judgement.  Busted up white van covered in dents and rust and worth -£500 vs shiny well looked after pride and joy worth £25k... perhaps I'll move over and let the wayne kerr in. :angry:

Oh and yeah this is one of the main reasons I've invested in both front and rear cameras for my car!

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #881 on: 11 September 2013, 15:38 »
Usually BMW drivers cutting the queue.....  :lipsrsealed: :laugh:

Aye, I hear that those M135i drivers are the worst for it!  :whistle: :laugh:

Oh, you guys! :rolleyes:

I will do the same, blocking impolite overtakers where I can.  Sometimes, however, you have to make a judgement.  Busted up white van covered in dents and rust and worth -£500 vs shiny well looked after pride and joy worth £25k... perhaps I'll move over and let the wayne kerr in. :angry:

Oh and yeah this is one of the main reasons I've invested in both front and rear cameras for my car!

:grin: Yes, always use your judgement as a white van man won't give a toss about giving you a bash!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #882 on: 11 September 2013, 18:42 »
Just picked the new wagon up, so pleased with my colour choice :smiley: It really is so much better in the flesh. 

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #883 on: 11 September 2013, 19:00 »
Just picked the new wagon up, so pleased with my colour choice :smiley: It really is so much better in the flesh.

Excellent pal. Get a few pics up when you can. Oh and good colour choice :wink:

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #884 on: 11 September 2013, 19:33 »
Congratulations mate!!! Nice to have another Pure White join the Club.... :cool:
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #885 on: 11 September 2013, 20:44 »
MH it looks stunning mate. Bet you're well happy!

Hoping my TR goes confirmed soon.

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #886 on: 11 September 2013, 21:15 »
I have been out driving all night guys and I have to say the car is epic! Don't even think about cancelling due to the lead time :smiley:

Excited rant points:

1. Compared to my 2.0 TSI Scirocco the performance and refinement is in a different league. There is just so much torque mid range.

2. On the ride quality front its a peach without the ACC don't worry if you have spec the option the ride is brilliant when compared to my Scirocco running in normal mode.

3. Loving the internal lighting is simply fantastic, it such a nice place to be at night. 

4. The new steering setup it feels weird when driving at pace but in a good way, I just love this car.

5. The only down side is the auto handbrake my brain cant handle hill hold and auto start its confusing :laugh:

PS I have Continentals on my 18's.

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #887 on: 11 September 2013, 21:23 »
Cool beans mate! 8)
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #888 on: 11 September 2013, 22:35 »
MH it looks stunning mate. Bet you're well happy!

Hoping my TR goes confirmed soon.

Yep, very happy. Had my first experience of night time driving in it tonight - ambient lighting and Xenons are amazing.

It's been a bit wet tonight and I had a bit of tramping when I pulled away from a standstill a bit quick (anti-tramping device must have been asleep). With only 50 miles on the car I suppose the tyres probably have a few hundred miles to get to optimum grip. Vey gingerly negotiated Eldon Square multistorey car park tonight to avoid kerbing those Nogaros.

I can only get the passenger mirror to autotilt down to view the kerb when reverse is selected if the mirror adjustment knob is set to "L". When it is set to "0" and reverse is selected, the auto tilt doesn't happen. Is this normal? OCD dictates the knob should be at "0" when you don't want to adjust the mirrors.

DAB reception seems great around Tyneside. Only oddity is why Kerrang station has rocking tunes interspersed by complete dullard DJing. Was expected an excitable DJ with patter along the lines of the bus driver from the Simpsons.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #889 on: 11 September 2013, 22:39 »
Yeah the kerb view requires the knob to be in the L position, you'll need to put a bit of tape over it! ;D
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂