Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1161765 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #870 on: 11 September 2013, 11:48 »
Ah yes, the joys of owning a small car and having everyone else constantly trying to run you off the road. :grin:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #871 on: 11 September 2013, 11:50 »
Ah yes, the joys of owning a small car and having everyone else constantly trying to run you off the road. :grin:

Yep, that literally happens every day to me at the moment, and I've been there and done that when I was younger - I don't want to go back!  Also, it's the not being able to do anything about it and submissively moving out of the way to sh!te cars that gets me!  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #872 on: 11 September 2013, 12:46 »
Thanks guys. Also does the media system require te SD card to be formatted in a certain way like the audi RNS-e system used to require.

I can't say for the GTI/GTD, but I didn't have to do any formatting for it to work in the mk 7 Golf I have currently - there's no reason why the GTI/GTD should be any different.

Did you ever post any pictures of your current courtesy ride Mark? :evil:

I didn't - but only because A. It's embarrassing driving a 1.2 Golf S with 85bhp  :laugh: and B. No one in their right mind would want to see pictures of said car!  :grin:

It has no redeeming features other than its a Golf (so well made) and the album artwork on screen is cool!  So what I'll do is double the amount of pictures of my GTI to make up for it - that's if it ever arrives (11 days at Emden car park and counting....  :rolleyes:)

Must be broken... My mk5 1.4s was much quicker than my GTI!! :lipsrsealed:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #873 on: 11 September 2013, 13:00 »
I thought hire cars were always the fastest cars in the world lol
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Ricepop

« Reply #874 on: 11 September 2013, 13:34 »
No that's the Astramax van

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #875 on: 11 September 2013, 13:46 »
No that's the Astramax van

Especially if you add a few extra badges to them.  Like an M badge nicked from an M3 you saw in the local tesco car park for example:

On the A421 in Bedfordshire there used to be this chap in a paint stained polo shirt, a sideways baseball cap and with his seat leaning back at about a 60° angle who would zoom his rusty white astra van past the mile long rush hour queue as if he was going to turn right at the roundabout and then would aggressively force his way into the queue at the other side.

Total wayne kerr.  Drove like a complete asshole too, all over the road, tailgating, reving, dangerous overtaking, blaring music... everything you could possibly do that is wrong this guy would be doing it.  I once got so sick of him I followed him to his home/work (hard to tell) in Kempston and snapped a few photos with the intention of forwarding them to the fuzz.  I didn't bother in the end as he'd been driving like this for years and its clear the police didn't give a damn.

Of topic again... my bad.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #876 on: 11 September 2013, 13:52 »
I once got so sick of him I followed him to his home/work (hard to tell) in Kempston and snapped a few photos with the intention of forwarding them to the fuzz.

:grin: :grin: Don't f7ck with the Bear!!

Ps. You should have sent them to the cops and/or post on those websites that expose w7nker drivers!
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #877 on: 11 September 2013, 14:24 »
I once got so sick of him I followed him to his home/work (hard to tell) in Kempston and snapped a few photos with the intention of forwarding them to the fuzz.

Ps. You should have sent them to the cops and/or post on those websites that expose w7nker drivers!

The biggest risk with a site like that anyone might browse through and find themselves amongst pics on there.

I go out of my way to try and stop people jumping queues like that, sometimes it seems a bit of a risk when they are determined to find a gap smaller than the space between 2 sheets of paper.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #878 on: 11 September 2013, 14:30 »

The biggest risk with a site like that anyone might browse through and find themselves amongst pics on there.

I go out of my way to try and stop people jumping queues like that, sometimes it seems a bit of a risk when they are determined to find a gap smaller than the space between 2 sheets of paper.

I do the same.  If there's 2 lanes of traffic going into 1 and you can see everyone queuing politely in the left lane then some ar$ehole speeds up the outside, I'll pull into the middle to block him off.  To be fair a lot of people do this and I applaud it! 

Usually BMW drivers cutting the queue.....  :lipsrsealed: :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #879 on: 11 September 2013, 14:35 »
Usually BMW drivers cutting the queue.....  :lipsrsealed: :laugh:

Aye, I hear that those M135i drivers are the worst for it!  :whistle: :laugh:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.