Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1164142 times)

Offline Misterp

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #860 on: 11 September 2013, 10:12 »
Good stuff MH, sounds like its going to be a winner for you!  Car looks brill!

And  :grin: at finding the sd card!!

Out of curiosity and the risk of being lazy what sd have ppl purchased.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #861 on: 11 September 2013, 10:18 »
Good stuff MH, sounds like its going to be a winner for you!  Car looks brill!

And  :grin: at finding the sd card!!

Out of curiosity and the risk of being lazy what sd have ppl purchased.

I bought a 32gig Scandisk (I think) - there is a link somewhere with a discount code, but I can't remember which thread it's in  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #862 on: 11 September 2013, 10:29 »
Sandisk 32 Gb SDHC card, class 10. Paid £15.15 at Gizzmoheaven.com (£15.95, minus 5% discount for using promotional code “G5”).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline theflash

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #863 on: 11 September 2013, 10:37 »
Sandisk 32 Gb SDHC card, class 10. Paid £15.15 at Gizzmoheaven.com (£15.95, minus 5% discount for using promotional code “G5”).

Same here, exactly  :cool:
On order - MK7 GTD, 5dr, DBP, Manual.
Est. Delivery was end Nov, now 3rd Jan ffs

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #864 on: 11 September 2013, 10:59 »
Thanks guys. Also does the media system require te SD card to be formatted in a certain way like the audi RNS-e system used to require.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #865 on: 11 September 2013, 11:05 »
Thanks guys. Also does the media system require te SD card to be formatted in a certain way like the audi RNS-e system used to require.

I can't say for the GTI/GTD, but I didn't have to do any formatting for it to work in the mk 7 Golf I have currently - there's no reason why the GTI/GTD should be any different.
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #866 on: 11 September 2013, 11:06 »

I can't say for the GTI/GTD, but I didn't have to do any formatting for it to work in the mk 7 Golf I have currently - there's no reason why the GTI/GTD should be any different.

Did you ever post any pictures of your current courtesy ride Mark? :evil:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #867 on: 11 September 2013, 11:29 »

I didn't - but only because A. It's embarrassing driving a 1.2 Golf S with 85bhp  :laugh: and B. No one in their right mind would want to see pictures of said car!  :grin:

It has no redeeming features other than its a Golf (so well made) and the album artwork on screen is cool!  So what I'll do is double the amount of pictures of my GTI to make up for it - that's if it ever arrives (11 days at Emden car park and counting....  :rolleyes:)
Audi RS5 2018

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #868 on: 11 September 2013, 11:34 »

I didn't - but only because A. It's embarrassing driving a 1.2 Golf S with 85bhp  :laugh: and B. No one in their right mind would want to see pictures of said car!  :grin:

It has no redeeming features other than its a Golf (so well made) and the album artwork on screen is cool!  So what I'll do is double the amount of pictures of my GTI to make up for it - that's if it ever arrives (11 days at Emden car park and counting....  :rolleyes:)

Do you find you have to leave earlier in the morning to make it to work on time?  :grin: :grin:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #869 on: 11 September 2013, 11:46 »
Do you find you have to leave earlier in the morning to make it to work on time?  :grin: :grin:

Honestly, don't even go there  :grin: I drop my daughter off at school, so I'm in the car at 8.45 and I arrive at work at 9.15 - but I know for a fact I can shave at least 10 mins off that time in the GTI - it takes aaaaaaaages to get up to 70mph, and then if I have to brake it takes aaaaaages to get back to 70 again  :laugh:

On the plus side, I'm getting 41mpg average consumption which is a lot better than the 20 max I was getting in the TT!

The worst bit of it though is that I get overtaken by Peugeot's, 1.6 A3's, 318d's etc etc ie. cars that are driven by c0cks but won't get near me in the GTI.....  :wink:
Audi RS5 2018