Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1154972 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #850 on: 10 September 2013, 22:20 »
You've probably read about the windscreen wiper issues on the american forum? It seems to be affecting a majority of mk7's, i even e-mailed VWUK to ask if it was being looked at and when they called me back they said they'd only had a couple of reports so not really. ::)

I had poor wipers (smearing on the drivers side around the swept arc under the knuckle of the wiper arm) on my last 2 Sciroccos, but the ones on my GTD are much worse. If they were any worse i'd say it was a real safety issue. Sciroccos resolved with Bosch Aerotwins, but MK7 Golf solution had not been done last time I looked. Last night ebay.de had a seller claiming to have Bosch Aerotwins meant for MK7.

Reply #67 has a reply from Bosch saying the aero twins will be out soon:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=469&page=4

Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline RikWebb

• Here all the time
  • Like tears in rain....
« Reply #851 on: 10 September 2013, 22:23 »
I'm back. Firstly, as is tradition for someone that has their GTD/GTI.."What are you lot moaning about, chill out and wait patiently for yours etc etc"  :grin: :laugh: :grin:

OK, now for some pics with the rubber mats in (supposed to piss it down overnight so I put them in).

Oy That's my Car !!!!  Oy That's my Car !!!  Oy That's my Car !!!  Oy That's my Car !!!  Oy That's my Car !!!  Oy That's my Car !!!  Oy That's my Car !!!   :wink:  Oy That's my Car !!!  :wink:

Congrats mate - Looks stunning - cant wait for mine now !
12 days to build time and counting.....
MK7.5 GTD DSG Isaac Blue 5Dr - 19" Santiago's / Nav Pro / Pano Roof / Keyless / Rear Camera / Mobile Wireless charger
Ordered 22/09/2017 - BW confirmed as 23/10/2017

Previous
MK7 GTD Ordered - May 16th 2013 - Tornado Red, Discover Pro Nav - Promised 16 week delivery - HA!
191 Days = 27 Weeks from order to delivery

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #852 on: 10 September 2013, 22:24 »
MH - simply stunning mate, best colour by a mile, car looks the nuts! Look forward to hearing your thoughts about how it drives after you've been in it a few days!

Worth the wait/hassle?!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #853 on: 10 September 2013, 22:44 »
Looks the nuts I bet your chuffed :smiley: My big day is tomorrow I really can't wait..

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #854 on: 10 September 2013, 23:13 »
I'm back. Firstly, as is tradition for someone that has their GTD/GTI.."What are you lot moaning about, chill out and wait patiently for yours etc etc"  :grin: :laugh: :grin:

OK, now for some pics with the rubber mats in (supposed to piss it down overnight so I put them in).

I can't take credit for the shine, my "goodwill gesture" was a full Autoglym treatment and complimentary pack.

Knowing that they don't treat the wheels, I applied G-Techniq. Sparingly this time - it was a breeze to remove the excess when your dad isn't putting 5x the required amount on!  :whistle:

The pics aren't great, it was starting to get dark when they were taken.

Really, really pleased for you pal. It's been a terrible wait :sick:

The AutoGlym treatment looks stunning! I'll be sending you a PM when I get mine about the G-Techniq application (i.e. how to use it sparingly & effectively).

Nice one :cool:
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #855 on: 11 September 2013, 08:27 »
Hawaii: I got a great tip for using the G-Techniq sparingly (thanks to someone from the VWAudi forum) and it did work last night when treating my wheels:-

If you are using a microfibre pad to apply the stuff (or even a microfibre cloth), treat the pad with the I1 upholstery protector (if you got some because you are doing your interior too) the day before you want to do the car (to allow the pad to dry). It’ll make the applicator hydrophobic and so stop it soaking up copious amounts of C2V3 that the car will never see. Then spray the product sparingly onto the pad and apply to the car, rather than spraying directly onto the car.

With the C2V3 going on sparingly, the excess was a doddle to remove without using a dozen mirofibre cloths (like we ended up doing with my dads).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline theflash

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #856 on: 11 September 2013, 08:39 »
Hawaii: I got a great tip for using the G-Techniq sparingly (thanks to someone from the VWAudi forum) and it did work last night when treating my wheels:-

If you are using a microfibre pad to apply the stuff (or even a microfibre cloth), treat the pad with the I1 upholstery protector (if you got some because you are doing your interior too) the day before you want to do the car (to allow the pad to dry). It’ll make the applicator hydrophobic and so stop it soaking up copious amounts of C2V3 that the car will never see. Then spray the product sparingly onto the pad and apply to the car, rather than spraying directly onto the car.

With the C2V3 going on sparingly, the excess was a doddle to remove without using a dozen mirofibre cloths (like we ended up doing with my dads).

Now that is a TOP TIP  :grin:
On order - MK7 GTD, 5dr, DBP, Manual.
Est. Delivery was end Nov, now 3rd Jan ffs

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #857 on: 11 September 2013, 09:28 »
Second impressions – my commute to work this morning.

As I decided to leave the car alone whilst driving it and not get distracted by all the settings and menu’s I have barely delved into, I got more of a feel about how it was driving.

The car is much quieter than the Scirocco when maintaining speed or accelerating very gently. I think this is down to it being far better acoustically shielded from the outside.

The sound actuator sounds a little different to that on my Scirocco when in Sport and accelerating. The Scirocco sound more hummy/burbly (almost like the low hum Iron man’s repulsors have when powered up (you’ll know what I mean if you’ve watched the film). The GTD sounds a bit more growly/gravelly.
At tick-over and through the low revs, the GTD is noticeably more refined than the 170TDI unit on my Scirocco, and that’s not just the extra sound insulation – it sounds that way on the outside too.

Like my Scirocco was from new, the GTD engine feels very tight. I’m convinced my Scirocco was on some kind of power limitation program when new. It barely felt more powerful than the 140 Scirocco I had before it, and then as soon as 500km/311 miles had passed, it was as if a switch had been flicked and it was much more powerful.
The GTD feels a little less tight (matching my Scirocco’s current feel), but it still seems as though there is some early retardation of output going on. Haven’t really tested it much – had a few brief spells of moderate acceleration using just over ½ throttle.
The engine seems to be warming up a lot quicker than my Scirocco – 3 miles (5 on the Scirocco) and the water temp was settled at 90C (I didn’t plug through the MFD to check how quickly oil temp got up).
Economy was 48.5mpg indicated for my commute vs somewhere around 49-50mpg on my Scirocco (which is obviously well run in). My Scirocco was running on the sidelights on my commute yesterday – the Xenons were on the whole journey in the GTD (maybe that accounts for 1 or 1 mpg). I would say that a GTD straight out of the box is going to match a 170TDI Scirocco or MK6 GTD in like for like journey conditions and will hopefully outdo it by 10% when it is run in (expecting an indicated 55mpg for my commute when it has a few thousand miles on it).

The sporty ambience of dark headlining is great – much better than the standard light grey/beige of most VWs (including my Scirocco). Don’t know why anyone wouldn’t want it.

There was a bit of neck craning from fellow commuters while going to work – lots of people happy to overtake people to then sit behind it and look at it for a while rather than overtake immediately (including a few Audi A4 and BMW 3 drivers that would normally be cutting you up left, right and centre).

The dancing of the Xenon beams when you power up is a new one for me, never had Xenons before as I was always too tight to pay £1100 for them.

And I found my 32Gb SDHC card bought especially for the car this morning, in a very safe place! I’m sure the other one I ordered because I couldn’t find it will be dropping through the postbox today!

The stop-start feature which I thought would be annoying isn’t bad at all. I am a habitual clutch dipper when sitting at the lights, I only take my foot off the clutch when I have a long wait on my hands, so the stop-start will only be working when I really want it to, if I keep up my clutch dipping habits.

Visibility is massively better than on my Scirocco through the side and rear windows.

Been in work 2 hours and I can still barely smell the “new car” scent on my clothes – nice!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline theflash

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #858 on: 11 September 2013, 09:35 »

Been in work 2 hours and I can still barely smell the “new car” scent on my clothes – nice!

Thanks for the update! I must admit we have similar 'clutch dipper' habits and I have no problem with start/stop on my Audi...

Also sounds like we have similar 'work' habits as well  :whistle:
On order - MK7 GTD, 5dr, DBP, Manual.
Est. Delivery was end Nov, now 3rd Jan ffs

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #859 on: 11 September 2013, 09:35 »
Good stuff MH, sounds like its going to be a winner for you!  Car looks brill!

And  :grin: at finding the sd card!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....