Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1163557 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #840 on: 10 September 2013, 21:39 »
Looking Good MH :cool: Those wheels definitely look the part!!! I'm sure you'll agree it was worth the wait....

Aye, worth the wait (easy to say that now!). The best VW I have owned - and a massive step up from the MK5 (for those that stuck with theirs for 5+ years). VW do progress very well.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #841 on: 10 September 2013, 21:40 »
GTD in red really does look like one tough sonovab!tch.  Nice looking motor you got there mr hanger!

Definitely made the right choice ditching the DBP (which looks great in a stealthy Batman way, but keeping it looking it's best would have driven me nuts eventually).

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #842 on: 10 September 2013, 21:46 »
I definitely softened up on my attitude towards the dealer - I think we sometimes forget how hectic things are behind the scenes when we think our car is the only one that should matter to them. I was with him for 40 mins in the signing papers and handover stuff (it was a quick one with no VW finance to start up) and his phone never stopped ringing. His other phone was holding for a place in the queue for VW finance to confirm my finance had been cleared when I paid it last week (HPI clear was showing outstanding finance). Even a dealer waits 2 hours to contact VW finance!

They also had to fit in the goodwill gesture of the full autoglym treatment in addition to the usual PDI/valet/clean stuff you get before handover. Most of our woes do lay at the door of VW and not the dealerships IMO.

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #843 on: 10 September 2013, 21:49 »
I definitely softened up on my attitude towards the dealer - I think we sometimes forget how hectic things are behind the scenes when we think our car is the only one that should matter to them. I was with him for 40 mins in the signing papers and handover stuff (it was a quick one with no VW finance to start up) and his phone never stopped ringing. His other phone was holding for a place in the queue for VW finance to confirm my finance had been cleared when I paid it last week (HPI clear was showing outstanding finance). Even a dealer waits 2 hours to contact VW finance!

They also had to fit in the goodwill gesture of the full autoglym treatment in addition to the usual PDI/valet/clean stuff you get before handover. Most of our woes do lay at the door of VW and not the dealerships IMO.

Tbh I've felt like that for a while now. You criticise them but it must be hard work.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #844 on: 10 September 2013, 21:54 »
Still not found my 32Gb SD card bought especially for the car, despite another one being on the way.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #845 on: 10 September 2013, 22:09 »
First impressions are, better than the Scirocco, by quite a margin on refinement and ride quality, toys and adjustibility of settings. Panel gaps are much tighter on the Golf, Scirocco looks more crudely built as a result.

Put it straight into "Sport" - no disadvantage on the economy front on a manual. Xenons are a huge improvement on the Halogens as standard on the Scirocco (and every other VW I have owned). Burning bright when going home through the Tyne tunnel.

I am missing the Scirocco rear view mirror though - the nice rounded mirror looks a lot better than the clunky oversized squared one in the Golf. My wipers are absolutely sh!te on the drivers side - next to useless, with a massive (3" wide) smear across the central part of the sweep - they will need sorting ASAP. Not sure the seat bolsters will last the test of time - they are much taller than those on the Scirocco (which are wider), you can't help but crease them getting out of the car.

Thats a mean looking motor mate! I love how much lower and beefier the mk7 is compared to the mk6, you can't really see it in pictures and looks much better in real life! 8)

You've probably read about the windscreen wiper issues on the american forum? It seems to be affecting a majority of mk7's, i even e-mailed VWUK to ask if it was being looked at and when they called me back they said they'd only had a couple of reports so not really. ::)
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #846 on: 10 September 2013, 22:10 »
Just checked out the post that arrived at my home today. Benfield (the rival local dealership to my supplying dealership) have just sent me an invite to their VIP event with exclusive offers and prizes this weekend. Just wondering whether to roll up there in my new GTD and show my face.  :whistle:

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #847 on: 10 September 2013, 22:11 »
First impressions are, better than the Scirocco, by quite a margin on refinement and ride quality, toys and adjustibility of settings. Panel gaps are much tighter on the Golf, Scirocco looks more crudely built as a result.

Put it straight into "Sport" - no disadvantage on the economy front on a manual. Xenons are a huge improvement on the Halogens as standard on the Scirocco (and every other VW I have owned). Burning bright when going home through the Tyne tunnel.

I am missing the Scirocco rear view mirror though - the nice rounded mirror looks a lot better than the clunky oversized squared one in the Golf. My wipers are absolutely sh!te on the drivers side - next to useless, with a massive (3" wide) smear across the central part of the sweep - they will need sorting ASAP. Not sure the seat bolsters will last the test of time - they are much taller than those on the Scirocco (which are wider), you can't help but crease them getting out of the car.

Thats a mean looking motor mate! I love how much lower and beefier the mk7 is compared to the mk6, you can't really see it in pictures and looks much better in real life! 8)

You've probably read about the windscreen wiper issues on the american forum? It seems to be affecting a majority of mk7's, i even e-mailed VWUK to ask if it was being looked at and when they called me back they said they'd only had a couple of reports so not really. ::)

My drivers wiper is the same. Brutal. It hasn't rained enough nor have I had the time nor inclination to do anything about it yet. I expect the dealer will fob me off.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #848 on: 10 September 2013, 22:14 »

I had poor wipers (smearing on the drivers side around the swept arc under the knuckle of the wiper arm) on my last 2 Sciroccos, but the ones on my GTD are much worse. If they were any worse i'd say it was a real safety issue. Sciroccos resolved with Bosch Aerotwins, but MK7 Golf solution had not been done last time I looked. Last night ebay.de had a seller claiming to have Bosch Aerotwins meant for MK7.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #849 on: 10 September 2013, 22:19 »
Bosch aerotwins are out now for the mk7. guy on another form emailed them direct and they gave him the kit number.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.