Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1157037 times)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #830 on: 10 September 2013, 21:02 »
HI MH

Edit: So you can see the pics easier  :smiley: :smiley:

Looks lovely MH. What's your first impressions?
« Last Edit: 10 September 2013, 21:05 by CraigW »

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #831 on: 10 September 2013, 21:09 »
HI MH

Edit: So you can see the pics easier  :smiley: :smiley:

[

Looks lovely MH. What's your first impressions?

Was having some technical issues with photobucket. Fixed now - those pics added are some of teh Demo pics I took a while back - fixed my post now!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #832 on: 10 September 2013, 21:10 »
MH - stunning!  Really nice shine.  TR us really growing on me.  Urge to change order - rising...
« Last Edit: 10 September 2013, 21:13 by dippy_x »
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #833 on: 10 September 2013, 21:17 »
First impressions are, better than the Scirocco, by quite a margin on refinement and ride quality, toys and adjustibility of settings. Panel gaps are much tighter on the Golf, Scirocco looks more crudely built as a result.

Put it straight into "Sport" - no disadvantage on the economy front on a manual. Xenons are a huge improvement on the Halogens as standard on the Scirocco (and every other VW I have owned). Burning bright when going home through the Tyne tunnel.

I am missing the Scirocco rear view mirror though - the nice rounded mirror looks a lot better than the clunky oversized squared one in the Golf. My wipers are absolutely sh!te on the drivers side - next to useless, with a massive (3" wide) smear across the central part of the sweep - they will need sorting ASAP. Not sure the seat bolsters will last the test of time - they are much taller than those on the Scirocco (which are wider), you can't help but crease them getting out of the car.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #834 on: 10 September 2013, 21:17 »
Absolutely stunning MH. You must be so chuffed !
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #835 on: 10 September 2013, 21:19 »
Absolutely stunning MH. You must be so chuffed !

Aye, and it is fitted with Bridgestones (dodged a bullet there)!

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #836 on: 10 September 2013, 21:21 »
First impressions are, better than the Scirocco, by quite a margin on refinement and ride quality, toys and adjustibility of settings. Panel gaps are much tighter on the Golf, Scirocco looks more crudely built as a result.

Put it straight into "Sport" - no disadvantage on the economy front on a manual. Xenons are a huge improvement on the Halogens as standard on the Scirocco (and every other VW I have owned). Burning bright when going home through the Tyne tunnel.

I am missing the Scirocco rear view mirror though - the nice rounded mirror looks a lot better than the clunky oversized squared one in the Golf. My wipers are absolutely sh!te on the drivers side - next to useless, with a massive (3" wide) smear across the central part of the sweep - they will need sorting ASAP. Not sure the seat bolsters will last the test of time - they are much taller than those on the Scirocco (which are wider), you can't help but crease them getting out of the car.

MH, I had the exact same issues with the windscreen wipers but they definitely seem to have improved over time. Give them a few weeks and you may see an improvement

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #837 on: 10 September 2013, 21:21 »
MH that looks immense. Chuffed for you. Making the wait all that much harder. They autoglym'd it for you that's nice.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #838 on: 10 September 2013, 21:30 »
Looking Good MH :cool: Those wheels definitely look the part!!! I'm sure you'll agree it was worth the wait....
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #839 on: 10 September 2013, 21:38 »
GTD in red really does look like one tough sonovab!tch.  Nice looking motor you got there mr hanger!