Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1158357 times)

Ricepop

Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #810 on: 10 September 2013, 15:10 »
Sometimes I find myself wondering why bother just fricking cancel. But then I'm back to square one.

I'm now seriously sceptical about ordering a car close to launch, regardless of brand.  However I would say it hasn't put me off buying new as the benefits are still there and (at the risk of stirring) my BMW order is going to be less than a month from order placed to hand over complete.  Thats f**king amazing.  Its also saved me a ton of cash.  So there are good options out there.  I'm sure the boot could have been on the other foot and another time it might be BMW with the delays.

I guess it pays to wait a few months and research current buyer experience before placing an order!

Well you see, with the shoe on the other foot, although I’d have rather had my car in July, the wait has saved me a lot of cash – that fixed p/x pays dividends on a delayed order, and driving around in a Scirocco while waiting was no real hardship. I seriously doubt the receiving dealership will make more than a grand on my Scirocco due to the time that has panned out. Will you do a fixed p/x next time if you are not selling privately?

Buying launch cars? Not for the faint hearted it seems, although my Feb 09 order for my first Scirocco was fulfilled very quickly, pretty much on launch of the TDI engine availability in the Scirocco. I think it was the timing then though – the economy was well and truly in the toilet at that point (but 15% VAT – get in!). People were cutting right back, car dealerships were desolate places. I managed to get a sizeable discount out of Benfield, so times must have been hard! Give it 18 months and (for the GTI at least) I think you’ll be able to pick one up as a new order with a 12-14 weeks delivery as demand aligns itself with allocation availability once the initial rush dies down.

It’s amazing how mellow you get on collection day – I know I’ll be feeling glad I hung in there after 4pm tonight.

54 mins, best start biting those nails.

Looking forward to seeing a red one :smiley:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #811 on: 10 September 2013, 15:11 »
Surely he's already pacing the dealership floor? :evil:

I know I know, don't call me Shirley.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #812 on: 10 September 2013, 15:13 »
I don't think its the length of time people have to wait that is the problem, its the transparency or rather lack of it in the whole process.

If my car was due to be changed in 6 months, I'd walk into the garage tomorrow and order and happily wait the 6 months if that is how long "they say it will take".

But to be told 12 -16 weeks then add another 10 on is just a nonsense.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #813 on: 10 September 2013, 15:38 »
I don't think its the length of time people have to wait that is the problem, its the transparency or rather lack of it in the whole process.

If my car was due to be changed in 6 months, I'd walk into the garage tomorrow and order and happily wait the 6 months if that is how long "they say it will take".

I bet every one on here agrees with this 100%.

Also something about not telling porkies when unexpected delays arise.

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #814 on: 10 September 2013, 17:00 »
Red GTD confirmed to be prowling the Toon from 4pm tonight!

It's been almost an hour and still no photos  :laugh:
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #815 on: 10 September 2013, 17:12 »

I bet every one on here agrees with this 100%.

Also something about not telling porkies when unexpected delays arise.

I for 1 do agree. Like I said on another thread. Got a call from dealer you car is at the port awaiting shop and that it should be on a ship some time this week/ASAP. They also advised delivery scheduled for 25 sept.
bs or tru? Hu knows
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline dirvy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #816 on: 10 September 2013, 17:54 »
couple of quick 141_zps1fa491bb photos, to test how photobucket works

« Last Edit: 10 September 2013, 18:00 by dirvy »

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #817 on: 10 September 2013, 17:55 »
God I hope everything has gone alright for MH or if not he's going to be insufferable tonight  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Only kiddin' MH

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #818 on: 10 September 2013, 17:56 »
couple of quick iphone photos, to test how photobucket works[141_zps1fa491bb][/141_zps1fa491bbimg]

Not like that pal. Copy the IMG link and paste directly in here

Offline dirvy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #819 on: 10 September 2013, 18:05 »
and the front with decorative leaf and complimentary pen

Will try harder next time, now that Ive worked out how to post pics.

Number plate is temporary by the way