Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1149434 times)

Offline Misterp

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #800 on: 10 September 2013, 12:59 »
Sometimes I find myself wondering why bother just fricking cancel. But then I'm back to square one.

Well hopefully you will get yours soon.  I certainly wouldn't have bothered buying a VW if I'd known about this in April.

As an aside, I have a client who ordered a GTD first week of June - he's been told he won't get it till January at the earliest - how he hasn't cancelled I don't know....

Patience is a true virtue...... Apparently.

I haven't seen any gti's or GTDs in Brum. At this rate I won't see any.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #801 on: 10 September 2013, 13:01 »
Sometimes I find myself wondering why bother just fricking cancel. But then I'm back to square one.

Well hopefully you will get yours soon.  I certainly wouldn't have bothered buying a VW if I'd known about this in April.

As an aside, I have a client who ordered a GTD first week of June - he's been told he won't get it till January at the earliest - how he hasn't cancelled I don't know....

Patience is a true virtue...... Apparently.

I haven't seen any gti's or GTDs in Brum. At this rate I won't see any.

Well at least when yours turns up it'll be the only one in your area  :grin:  I haven't seen any on the roads either, my missus saw a white (shocker  :lipsrsealed: :laugh:) GTI a few months ago in Cambridge but that's it!  That at least makes me feel a little better knowing there are none on the roads  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #802 on: 10 September 2013, 13:05 »
And where I live in Brum ones at be very careful  :laugh:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #803 on: 10 September 2013, 13:21 »
Red GTD confirmed to be prowling the Toon from 4pm tonight!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #804 on: 10 September 2013, 13:28 »

Great news MH!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #805 on: 10 September 2013, 13:29 »

Great news MH!!

Looking forward to the pics.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #806 on: 10 September 2013, 13:31 »

Great news MH!!

Looking forward to the pics.

Bet it pisses it down tonight to stop me applying the C2V3!  :grin:

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #807 on: 10 September 2013, 13:44 »

I'm now seriously sceptical about ordering a car close to launch, regardless of brand.  However I would say it hasn't put me off buying new as the benefits are still there and (at the risk of stirring) my BMW order is going to be less than a month from order placed to hand over complete.  Thats f**king amazing.  Its also saved me a ton of cash.  So there are good options out there.  I'm sure the boot could have been on the other foot and another time it might be BMW with the delays.

I guess it pays to wait a few months and research current buyer experience before placing an order!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #808 on: 10 September 2013, 14:21 »

I'm now seriously sceptical about ordering a car close to launch, regardless of brand.  However I would say it hasn't put me off buying new as the benefits are still there and (at the risk of stirring) my BMW order is going to be less than a month from order placed to hand over complete.  Thats f**king amazing.  Its also saved me a ton of cash.  So there are good options out there.  I'm sure the boot could have been on the other foot and another time it might be BMW with the delays.

I guess it pays to wait a few months and research current buyer experience before placing an order!

Well you see, with the shoe on the other foot, although I’d have rather had my car in July, the wait has saved me a lot of cash – that fixed p/x pays dividends on a delayed order, and driving around in a Scirocco while waiting was no real hardship. I seriously doubt the receiving dealership will make more than a grand on my Scirocco due to the time that has panned out. Will you do a fixed p/x next time if you are not selling privately?

Buying launch cars? Not for the faint hearted it seems, although my Feb 09 order for my first Scirocco was fulfilled very quickly, pretty much on launch of the TDI engine availability in the Scirocco. I think it was the timing then though – the economy was well and truly in the toilet at that point (but 15% VAT – get in!). People were cutting right back, car dealerships were desolate places. I managed to get a sizeable discount out of Benfield, so times must have been hard! Give it 18 months and (for the GTI at least) I think you’ll be able to pick one up as a new order with a 12-14 weeks delivery as demand aligns itself with allocation availability once the initial rush dies down.

It’s amazing how mellow you get on collection day – I know I’ll be feeling glad I hung in there after 4pm tonight.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #809 on: 10 September 2013, 14:53 »
Will you do a fixed p/x next time if you are not selling privately?

Yep, that is another lesson learnt!  I'm fortunate because I've sold my car to my Dad who is giving me less than he would have to pay a dealer but more than I would have got trading it in back in April.  So its a win-win all round.  I'm very fortunate this happened to be honest and it probably has saved me £1-1.5k.  Coupled with the discount on the new car I've ended up quids in, bit of a turnaround from a month ago when I was pretty pissed at the mounting costs and depreciating p/x value.

I've completely changed my mind on the GTI now.  If I was buying again I'd do everything to minimise cost.  Cut the options back and look for a good discount before signing, even if it means waiting.  Under £26k its a steal, but at the £32k I was going to pay (including discount) its too expensive.  Having secured a deal on a car worth nearly 20% more than that for 5% less makes me realise it wasn't good value for money.  Well... not for me.

Like I say, its been nothing if not a learning experience! :undecided: