Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1161773 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #790 on: 10 September 2013, 10:22 »
You will get your buzz back when it is on it’s way, for about a day when you see it has been put on a ship and then arrived at port. And then you’ll get bored of it waiting dockside before a transporter picks it up. Then it’ll arrive at the dealership and you’ll wonder why the feck your dealer hasn’t rang you yet to arrange collection (going through this right now).

:grin: :grin: Ah, the joys of ordering a new VW!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Ricepop

« Reply #791 on: 10 September 2013, 11:26 »
You will get your buzz back when it is on it’s way, for about a day when you see it has been put on a ship and then arrived at port. And then you’ll get bored of it waiting dockside before a transporter picks it up. Then it’ll arrive at the dealership and you’ll wonder why the feck your dealer hasn’t rang you yet to arrange collection (going through this right now).

Been waiting almost 5 months now and the car isn't even built yet, I recon I have another 6 weeks to wait.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #792 on: 10 September 2013, 11:37 »

Been waiting almost 5 months now and the car isn't even built yet, I recon I have another 6 weeks to wait.

Yeah, I shouldn't moan as at least mine has been built.  Its ridiculous, I for one will not be buying at launch again.
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #793 on: 10 September 2013, 11:55 »

Yeah, I shouldn't moan as at least mine has been built.  Its ridiculous, I for one will not be buying at launch again.

That's what I said to the mrs today.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #794 on: 10 September 2013, 11:59 »

Even though I'm sure I'll be ultra excited whenever it does actually turn up, I'm not sure it will have been worth this arduous wait.  I'll only buy a VW a year after launch from now on, or a second hand one.  It has certainly taken the shine off it for sure.  And I know I shouldn't moan as we are all lucky enough to be able to afford a new car when many can't, however I can't help it!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #795 on: 10 September 2013, 12:09 »

Even though I'm sure I'll be ultra excited whenever it does actually turn up, I'm not sure it will have been worth this arduous wait.  I'll only buy a VW a year after launch from now on, or a second hand one.  It has certainly taken the shine off it for sure.  And I know I shouldn't moan as we are all lucky enough to be able to afford a new car when many can't, however I can't help it!  :laugh:

This wait for a car has been an invaluable experience in patience that will come in handy for when I win the lottery and put an order in for a Lambo.

Still no word from my dealer – time to ring him I think!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #796 on: 10 September 2013, 12:17 »

This wait for a car has been an invaluable experience in patience that will come in handy for when I win the lottery and put an order in for a Lambo.

This is the first and prob last time I purchase a new car it's completely wrecked the experience. Build week delays, then bloody build delays then shipping delays. It's just delays they should come out with a car called vw delay (poor joke I know).

I mean I feel sorry for ppl who ordered before me and still not even confirmed for a build.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #797 on: 10 September 2013, 12:32 »

This is the first and prob last time I purchase a new car it's completely wrecked the experience. Build week delays, then bloody build delays then shipping delays. It's just delays they should come out with a car called vw delay (poor joke I know).

I mean I feel sorry for ppl who ordered before me and still not even confirmed for a build.

Yeah, I have to say thinking about how I feel today (strangely depressed about the whole thing), I'll only buy second hand from now on.  At least then when you want the car you go out and buy it and get it straight away, no dealing with being lied to, delays etc etc.  What gets me is I've been told mine will be on a boat this week, but they can't say for sure or what boat it will be on - I cannot believe that the shipping companies run on a random schedule and don't know what cargo they are carrying, they will be a manifesto somewhere!  It all smacks to me of no shipping this week as it appears that when things are on track VW give you specific information, and when they know there is yet another delay they fob the customer off with non specific flowery bullsh!t so that you don't get wound up or keep contacting them for further updates.  (unts.
Audi RS5 2018

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #798 on: 10 September 2013, 12:53 »
Is this the type of stuff you mean matchboy:

This is a text I had from my dealer Hi, I have checked on your Golf GTD today and it is due to board the ship any day now. I will check the progress daily and update you. Regards, Mat @ VW

Any day wtf I wanna know the exact day so that I can go in the powder blue beetle and watch it dock into one of the ports so I know they are not spewin  :sick:

Sometimes I find myself wondering why bother just fricking cancel. But then I'm back to square one.
« Last Edit: 10 September 2013, 12:57 by Misterp »

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #799 on: 10 September 2013, 12:56 »
Sometimes I find myself wondering why bother just fricking cancel. But then I'm back to square one.

Well hopefully you will get yours soon.  I certainly wouldn't have bothered buying a VW if I'd known about this in April.

As an aside, I have a client who ordered a GTD first week of June - he's been told he won't get it till January at the earliest - how he hasn't cancelled I don't know....
Audi RS5 2018