Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1163837 times)

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #740 on: 07 September 2013, 22:00 »
Today is the day guys! 3:30PM!!!

J

No review yet - I got up extra early to read it. We are all waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys! I have been so busy! I will post pictures and a mini review tomorrow. All i am going to say so far is that it is absolutely incredible. Over the 100 miles i have driven it i literally can't find anything i don't like. And it handles SO SO well. Massive improvement over the Mk6!

J

2013 GTI (GONE) - 2014 GTI Performance Pack - Manual, Discover Nav, 5 door, Park Assist

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #741 on: 07 September 2013, 22:21 »
Also, seeing as we are on the new arrivals thread. Are people going to have a new car detail to protect the interior and exterior.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=254791.0

Thanks mate
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #742 on: 07 September 2013, 22:27 »
Also, seeing as we are on the new arrivals thread. Are people going to have a new car detail to protect the interior and exterior.

Thanks mate

No problem. I think its definitely worth consideration especially with the winter months coming up. You want to keep your car in tip top condition

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #743 on: 07 September 2013, 22:40 »
Those wheels look fantastic - great looking motor!!

Just a warning mate as I know you've opted for the 19"s... They definitely look the Part, but my God the ride can be quite harsh at times. Its generally unnoticeable on the move, but when you hit a speed bump you certainly know about it.  The impact was so harsh, I thought I'd buckled the alloys. Ive ran 19"s in the past (on other vehicles) and never had this problem before.

Didn't think it would be a problem with the ACC (DCC), but even in comfort mode it made very little difference whatsoever. Could be the Dunlops I'm running or the fact they've been over inflated. I'll have to check.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline dirvy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #744 on: 07 September 2013, 22:44 »
my early impression is stiffer ride . only 18s. i have pana roof

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #745 on: 07 September 2013, 22:49 »
@Gung-Ho

Dude, the car looks awesome! Nice touch with the sheet. Really, really love the Santiago 19's. Immense!

Looks so clean in the pics. Did the dealer detail it for you or did you do it post pick-up?

I know all Mk7 GTI's look the same but its still exciting to see peoples pics.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy :smiley:

Thanx mate... Dealer did a pretty good job detailing the car. The 'Autoglym' treatment was part of the deal. I know a lot of diehard detailers on here will frown upon the Autoglym treatment but I think it looks & works OK.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #746 on: 08 September 2013, 00:49 »

Thanks mate

No problem. I think its definitely worth consideration especially with the winter months coming up. You want to keep your car in tip top condition

that what I thought but quickly reading the thread you posted and now i'm thinking can I do it myself  :undecided: save some money every little helps.  :grin:

wouldnt even know which products to use etc (first time i'm buying a new car you see)  also in and around brum I am being quoted £250.00 plus.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #747 on: 08 September 2013, 01:03 »

Thanks mate

that what I thought but quickly reading the thread you posted and now i'm thinking can I do it myself  :undecided: save some money every little helps.  :grin:

wouldnt even know which products to use etc (first time i'm buying a new car you see)  also in and around brum I am being quoted £250.00 plus.

It's not cheap that's for sure. It cost me £350 but when you think about how much the car is costing you it's a sound investment

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #748 on: 08 September 2013, 08:12 »

@Misterp Have you spent some time reading this brilliant archive post....

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=66113.0

It's got pretty much everything you need to know about detailing :smiley:
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #749 on: 08 September 2013, 09:17 »
The G-Techniq range impressed me when we treated my dad's new GTD. Easy to apply and great results (just use sparingly - my dad used far too much of it, all part of the learning curve for mine!). Used C2V3 sealant and their fabric protector.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.