Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1163083 times)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #670 on: 04 September 2013, 08:44 »
Another minor update really for those who opted for the climate screen.  This morning the car was covered in dew, and and upon getting in the windscreen misted over.  With the air con set to max and the climate screen on, it cleared in no time at all, very happy to have specced that despite the ridiculous cost!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #671 on: 04 September 2013, 08:51 »
Another minor update really for those who opted for the climate screen.  This morning the car was covered in dew, and and upon getting in the windscreen misted over.  With the air con set to max and the climate screen on, it cleared in no time at all, very happy to have specced that despite the ridiculous cost!

Ah the advantages of keeping the car in the garage. Save yourself quite a few hundred quid  :grin:

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #672 on: 04 September 2013, 09:02 »
Ah the advantages of keeping the car in the garage. Save yourself quite a few hundred quid  :grin:

Was at my mates house last night, no garage.  Plus, you can't take a garage with you everywhere you park!  :grin:  You can take a crappy car cover with you everywhere though, but doesn't really suit the image! ;)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #673 on: 04 September 2013, 09:06 »

Was at my mates house last night, no garage.  Plus, you can't take a garage with you everywhere you park!  :grin:  You can take a crappy car cover with you everywhere though, but doesn't really suit the image! ;)

Very true however for the rare occasion that its left outside, a bucket of warm water is a hell of a lot cheaper    :grin: :grin:

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #674 on: 04 September 2013, 09:10 »
Happy to oblige mate.  These cars have been a long time coming and there has been enough negativity and disappointment as a result of VW screwing us over.

Yes, it's time for us to give up the mantle of biggest whingers on here and let someone else on "estimated BW41" take over. It's been arduous, but now it is almost here for me too (just watch some dock worker prang it now :rolleyes:). With feedback like Gryzors, everyone knows theirs will be worth the wait!

Totally, time for others to take over the moaning  :grin:

Although just taken my little girl to school (first day) and was all ready checking out places to park up whereby some other kid can't open their door straight onto my shiny new car  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #675 on: 04 September 2013, 09:15 »
Very true however for the rare occasion that its left outside, a bucket of warm water is a hell of a lot cheaper    :grin: :grin:

Haha, that is true - if you are near a hot water tap, though it doesn't help speed up the de-misting ;)  Meh, we can ride this merry-go-round all day - all options have their personal merits and value!  :laugh:  Now, let me just go have a spin in my new GTI  :grin:

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #676 on: 04 September 2013, 09:21 »

Haha, that is true - if you are near a hot water tap, though it doesn't help speed up the de-misting ;)  Meh, we can ride this merry-go-round all day - all options have their personal merits and value!  :laugh:  Now, let me just go have a spin in my new GTI  :grin:

:grin: :grin: I love this forum

Offline theflash

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #677 on: 04 September 2013, 09:24 »

Totally, time for others to take over the moaning  :grin:

I'm sure there will be plenty of punters willing to take over the reins  :grin:
On order - MK7 GTD, 5dr, DBP, Manual.
Est. Delivery was end Nov, now 3rd Jan ffs

Ricepop

« Reply #678 on: 04 September 2013, 10:37 »

Climate screen wasn't an option when I ordered :sad:

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #679 on: 04 September 2013, 12:10 »
Climate screen wasn't an option when I ordered :sad:

It wasn't when I ordered mine either, but became available as part of the MY14 spec so added it to my order back then.