Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1161532 times)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #660 on: 03 September 2013, 11:12 »
Bear in mind the tank's a bit smaller... 50 litres as opposed to 55 in the MK5.

Ah, didn't realise that, so the fact that it can potentially go further on a smaller tank is pretty impressive.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #661 on: 03 September 2013, 13:29 »
Great to read your reviews and posts on your car Gryzor. Your car is similar to mine on order. I've yet to see a white GTI in the flesh but the pics of yours look amazing. It's not hard to tell you are well pleased with yours which makes me feel I did the right thing in playing this long waiting game......

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #662 on: 03 September 2013, 13:56 »
Great to read your reviews and posts on your car Gryzor. Your car is similar to mine on order. I've yet to see a white GTI in the flesh but the pics of yours look amazing. It's not hard to tell you are well pleased with yours which makes me feel I did the right thing in playing this long waiting game......

The first time I saw a white GTI in the flesh was my very own at the showroom!  It's probably the longest I've waited for anything (that's a planned purchase anyway) and absolutely worth every second.  It's hard to explain, but I'm sure you get what I mean when I say that you just know you made the right choice when it makes you smile every time you see and drive it.  Patience is a virtue and all that ;)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Simon C

• Not said much yet
« Reply #663 on: 03 September 2013, 21:58 »
Nice motor Gryzor and makes me happy to know I have chosen pure white too.

Please keep the useful bits of insight coming. Like your recent post about the drive to Bradford and fuel consumption and how you find the adaptability (i.e. all things to all men). All these bits of drip-fed information just keeps us guys motivated whilst we wait for ours.

Please keep the insight coming....Cheers mate.
Letting my heart rule and not my head - GTI Mark 7 arrived: 3dr, 19" Santiago, sat nav, pure white.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #664 on: 03 September 2013, 22:18 »

Please keep the useful bits of insight coming. Like your recent post about the drive to Bradford and fuel consumption and how you find the adaptability (i.e. all things to all men). All these bits of drip-fed information just keeps us guys motivated whilst we wait for ours.

Thanks mate, appreciate your kind words too :) Just for that, some more insight for you!

So I took my mate out in it earlier on tonight to blow the cobwebs off and see what she can do - pushed the acceleration to the max and drove around a nice stretch of road to test the cornering.  Keep in mind that I had this set in comfort, and do not have the Performance Pack. His words, "Holy f*****g s**t!!!"  :grin:  He's a car nut, and even as a passenger, he absolutely loved it.  As the driver, not once did I feel like I needed more power, or any more grip around the corners.  Not a bit of torque steer accelerating hard on the straights, and almost no body roll.  Stuck to the road like glue, was an absolute hoot to drive, stops on a dime, and sounded fantastic!

If you specced the Performance Pack, you'll be able to push it even more, but I will never, ever drive beyond what I did tonight, so have absolutely zero regrets about dropping that option.  True, you can't miss what you never had, but it's more than fast and capable enough for me as standard, and hopefully comforting words to those who might have been quietly wondering if they maybe should have gone for it.

Just one word for this car...stunning.
« Last Edit: 03 September 2013, 22:25 by Gryzor »

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #665 on: 03 September 2013, 22:27 »

Thanks mate, appreciate your kind words too :) Just for that, some more insight for you!

So I took my mate out in it earlier on tonight to blow the cobwebs off and see what she can do - pushed the acceleration to the max and drove around a nice stretch of road to test the cornering.  Keep in mind that I had this set in comfort, and do not have the Performance Pack. His words, "Holy f*****g s**t!!!"  :grin:  He's a car nut, and even as a passenger, he absolutely loved it.  As the driver, not once did I feel like I needed more power, or any more grip around the corners.  Not a bit of torque steer accelerating hard on the straights, and almost no body roll.  Stuck to the road like glue, was an absolute hoot to drive, stops on a dime, and sounded fantastic!

If you specced the Performance Pack, you'll be able to push it even more, but I will never, ever drive beyond what I did tonight, so have absolutely zero regrets about dropping that option.  True, you can't miss what you never had, but it's more than fast and capable enough for me as standard, and hopefully comforting words to those who might have been quietly wondering if they maybe should have gone for it.

Just one word for this car...stunning.

I love this kind of real world review - nice work! Properly ramps up the excitement for when I get my hands on mine  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #666 on: 03 September 2013, 23:22 »
I love this kind of real world review - nice work! Properly ramps up the excitement for when I get my hands on mine  :laugh:

Happy to oblige mate.  These cars have been a long time coming and there has been enough negativity and disappointment as a result of VW screwing us over. Injecting some positivity and excitement is the least I can do.  It's made even more pleasurable for the fact that these are my genuine first impressions and not dressed up or down. Even the two little personal niggles I raised before about the ebrake and the folding mirrors - totally oblivious to them now.
« Last Edit: 03 September 2013, 23:25 by Gryzor »

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #667 on: 04 September 2013, 07:45 »

"real world" = "holyf***ing sh!t" - not even Clarkson is allowed to say that on the telly or in print.  :grin:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #668 on: 04 September 2013, 07:48 »
Happy to oblige mate.  These cars have been a long time coming and there has been enough negativity and disappointment as a result of VW screwing us over.

Yes, it's time for us to give up the mantle of biggest whingers on here and let someone else on "estimated BW41" take over. It's been arduous, but now it is almost here for me too (just watch some dock worker prang it now :rolleyes:). With feedback like Gryzors, everyone knows theirs will be worth the wait!
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #669 on: 04 September 2013, 07:53 »
Yes, it's time for us to give up the mantle of biggest whingers on here and let someone else on "estimated BW41" take over. It's been arduous, but now it is almost here for me too (just watch some dock worker prang it now :rolleyes:). With feedback like Gryzors, everyone knows theirs will be worth the wait!

Too right, and if they think otherwise they just can't be worthy! :grin: