Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1158173 times)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #650 on: 02 September 2013, 20:15 »
having looked at the tax disc holder up close in your pics gryzor the pads don't look that bad and are virtually hidden. would a white holder suit a pure white car or is that too much white  :-\

I think i'm gonna go for a white one too, i like the red but think i'd prefer the white. :-\

The pads are hard to see when installed as they are clear.  Regarding colour, I think white with a white car is too much white, and much prefer the contrast and the way it picks out the other minimal red accents.  But, it would still look pretty good.

Quick question, does keyless open all doors or just the driver door. I ordered it, but I was with my brother in law who has ordered a 1.4 gt and he was told by the dealer it only opens the driver door.

I just popped out to put my SD card back in, and I tried this.  When you put your hand behind the drivers handle, the rear passenger door is unlocked too.  So, I assume it opens all doors.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #651 on: 02 September 2013, 20:23 »
having looked at the tax disc holder up close in your pics gryzor the pads don't look that bad and are virtually hidden. would a white holder suit a pure white car or is that too much white  :-\

I think i'm gonna go for a white one too, i like the red but think i'd prefer the white. :-\

The pads are hard to see when installed as they are clear.  Regarding colour, I think white with a white car is too much white, and much prefer the contrast and the way it picks out the other minimal red accents.  But, it would still look pretty good.

Quick question, does keyless open all doors or just the driver door. I ordered it, but I was with my brother in law who has ordered a 1.4 gt and he was told by the dealer it only opens the driver door.

I just popped out to put my SD card back in, and I tried this.  When you put your hand behind the drivers handle, the rear passenger door is unlocked too.  So, I assume it opens all doors.

Thanks mate.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline Davejavue

• Not said much yet
« Reply #652 on: 02 September 2013, 20:25 »
Think I cocked my post up any way just wanted to say car looks great and I hope you enjoy it !
Mk 7 GTi Pure White 5 door Performance Pack 19" Santiago Alloys

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #653 on: 02 September 2013, 20:30 »
Think I cocked my post up any way just wanted to say car looks great and I hope you enjoy it !

Yeah I wondered what the big quote was!  Thanks mate :)

Just to add to the whole keyless thing, both front doors have the feature.  So, if there are two of you walking up to the car at once, as long as you are in range the passenger doesn't need to wait for the driver to open the door first.

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #654 on: 02 September 2013, 20:31 »

Either or. You can configure the car to only open the drivers door if you want - same as with key fob.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #655 on: 02 September 2013, 20:33 »

Either or. You can configure the car to only open the drivers door if you want - same as with key fob.

Ah right, cool. Haven't played too much with the car options yet to be honest!

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #656 on: 02 September 2013, 22:13 »
Great post Gryzor. Car looks stunning.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #657 on: 02 September 2013, 22:36 »
Great post Gryzor. Car looks stunning.

Cheers KyleB, looking forward to seeing and hearing all about yours when you get it :)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #658 on: 03 September 2013, 10:20 »
I've had a few good runs out in it now, and just done a motorway blast across to Bradford in a mix of flowing and stop-start traffic.  Needless to say, this car really is all things to all men.  Smooth and as refined as you like around town, eats up the motorway for breakfast, and when you want a bit of fun, just put your foot down and off she goes.  I've gone around and powered out of corners way faster than I normally dare or bother to, and had absolutely zero issues or any inclination that the inside wheel was getting braked due to losing grip.  The seats are absolutely fantastic, very comfy and hold you really well around the corners.

I'm not one for stressing over fuel consumption, because it is what it is within limits that are completely in your control.  However, for those interested I did notice that this morning I had done about 90 miles, with a range of 310 showing as remaining.  So, with a good mix of motorway miles and steadyish driving with a bit of fun now and again, a range of 400 miles on a tank should be achievable, which is more than what I am used to getting.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #659 on: 03 September 2013, 11:08 »
I've had a few good runs out in it now, and just done a motorway blast across to Bradford in a mix of flowing and stop-start traffic.  Needless to say, this car really is all things to all men.  Smooth and as refined as you like around town, eats up the motorway for breakfast, and when you want a bit of fun, just put your foot down and off she goes.  I've gone around and powered out of corners way faster than I normally dare or bother to, and had absolutely zero issues or any inclination that the inside wheel was getting braked due to losing grip.  The seats are absolutely fantastic, very comfy and hold you really well around the corners.

I'm not one for stressing over fuel consumption, because it is what it is within limits that are completely in your control.  However, for those interested I did notice that this morning I had done about 90 miles, with a range of 310 showing as remaining.  So, with a good mix of motorway miles and steadyish driving with a bit of fun now and again, a range of 400 miles on a tank should be achievable, which is more than what I am used to getting.

Bear in mind the tank's a bit smaller... 50 litres as opposed to 55 in the MK5.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.