Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1148900 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #630 on: 02 September 2013, 09:06 »
Car looks the nuts Gryzor, and looks very similar to how mine will look (albeit mine drinks the devils juice  :laugh:), it's now just making the wait even more painful.

Out of interest did you get the premium mats from the dealers, and if so (if you don't mind me asking), how much you paid for them, or did you do a deal ?

Cheers Norbreck :)  Haha, the devils juice will take you far my friend, further than mine ever could!

Yeah I got them from the dealers and got them thrown in for free, along with a tank of angel juice, round metal VW keyring, and GTI pencil  :grin:

I’m going to cancel if I don’t get my GTI pencil! :grin:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #631 on: 02 September 2013, 09:16 »
I’m going to cancel if I don’t get my GTI pencil! :grin:

Too right, it's worth the asking price of the car alone, makes the GTI almost free!  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #632 on: 02 September 2013, 10:38 »
In terms of tax disc holders i ended up going for this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Richbrook-twist-off-machined-aluminium-available/dp/B0095ZK4CK/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1378114501&sr=1-1&keywords=richbrook+gti

I didnt really care that it did not match the GTI font, i just preferred the look of it  :smiley:

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #633 on: 02 September 2013, 11:01 »
Not keen on the silver GTI one, it's not an official engraving by Richbrook (to my knowledge) and it's the wrong font.  My tax disc arrived this morning so here's a couple of snaps with it in-situ:

Just works so well with the rest of the car  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 02 September 2013, 11:03 by Gryzor »

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #634 on: 02 September 2013, 11:26 »
The red'a not for me I'm afraid, too in your face for my liking, but each to their own

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #635 on: 02 September 2013, 11:36 »
The red'a not for me I'm afraid, too in your face for my liking, but each to their own

It does stand out, but then again, if I look out of my window at other cars with dealer fit tax-disc holders, they both stand out and don't match anything.  Thing is, you never look at it close up, so that second photo does make it more "obvious" than it really is.

Richbrook used to make one that was either silver or titanium finish, with a carbon fiber look to the back of it.  Not sure if they still do, but that would work quite well with both the exterior and interior trim.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #636 on: 02 September 2013, 11:39 »
How about one of these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Richbrook-Tax-Disc-Holder-Volkswagen-GTI-Logo-/271159553918?pt=UK_Car_Interior_Accessories&hash=item3f225e6f7e

I've just got one for my mk6 and it looks  :cool:

Forgot to say - car looks stunning Gryzor
« Last Edit: 02 September 2013, 11:42 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #637 on: 02 September 2013, 11:45 »
How about one of these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Richbrook-Tax-Disc-Holder-Volkswagen-GTI-Logo-/271159553918?pt=UK_Car_Interior_Accessories&hash=item3f225e6f7e

I've just got one for my mk6 and it looks  :cool:

Yeah I saw that a while back, does look good, and would work in pretty much any colour GTI.  Looks like they are buying standard twist-off tax disc holders and engraving the logo themselves.  My only reservation with the anodised finish is that in the space of a year or so, there is noticeable fade on the outer-facing ring.  I've seen it on the red anoidised one and the blue ford one that my mate has in his focus.  The range that I got my Monza Red one from is a painted finish that doesn't fade at all.

Edit: Cheers Booth11 :)

Offline INS123

• Just got here
« Reply #638 on: 02 September 2013, 12:25 »
Hi Gryzor, how do the coming home / leaving lights work with the Keyless entry? Do they only come on when you are standing next to the car? At the moment, my car just has the keyfob and as I have a long driveway, when I leave the house and press the keyfob the lights light up the drive. Was considering the Keyless, but this may put me off.

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #639 on: 02 September 2013, 12:26 »
Hi Gryzor, how do the coming home / leaving lights work with the Keyless entry? Do they only come on when you are standing next to the car? At the moment, my car just has the keyfob and as I have a long driveway, when I leave the house and press the keyfob the lights light up the drive. Was considering the Keyless, but this may put me off.

You can still unlock/lock the car from the remote, so I assume when you press the button the key the lights will turn on. Is this right?
Current // Golf GTD 3dr DSG - Carbon Grey | Discovery Nav Pro, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack
Previous // Polo GTI 6r - Black | Xenons, MFSW, Winter Pack, Sensor Pack, Convenience Pack, Climate Control, RNS 510 w/Bluetooth