Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1163582 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #610 on: 01 September 2013, 22:34 »
Makes me look forward to mine so much more! Having seen one in person i know the pics just don't do it justice, stunning mate, enjoy! 8)

I notice you don't have a tax disc in! Could you post a pic of the Richbrook one in place when you've put it in please? I think i'm gonna get one just not sure whether to go Monza red or white? :-\
« Last Edit: 01 September 2013, 22:36 by Jimble »
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #611 on: 01 September 2013, 22:44 »
Makes me look forward to mine so much more! Having seen one in person i know the pics just don't do it justice, stunning mate, enjoy! 8)

I notice you don't have a tax disc in! Could you post a pic of the Richbrook one in place when you've put it in please? I think i'm gonna get one just not sure whether to go Monza red or white? :-\

Thanks Jimble!  You are so right mate, pictures do not do it justice, and no matter how many good words people write about it, it still doesn't prepare you for just how good it really is.

Aye, no tax disc yet, not come through the post.  However, I will definitely post a picture once it's in place.  I agonised over white or red too, and in the end I took mine to a store that sells them and had the guy manually hold them up for me in the windscreen of my Mk5 so I could gauge how they looked.  The white looked OK, and would be better suited to the Pure White rather than Candy White. However, red just worked so well, picking out the red in the grille, callipers, and interior trim.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #612 on: 01 September 2013, 22:54 »

Thanks Jimble!  You are so right mate, pictures do not do it justice, and no matter how many good words people write about it, it still doesn't prepare you for just how good it really is.

Aye, no tax disc yet, not come through the post.  However, I will definitely post a picture once it's in place.  I agonised over white or red too, and in the end I took mine to a store that sells them and had the guy manually hold them up for me in the windscreen of my Mk5 so I could gauge how they looked.  The white looked OK, and would be better suited to the Pure White rather than Candy White. However, red just worked so well, picking out the red in the grille, callipers, and interior trim.

Cool, i'll probably go with the red too tbh for the same reasons you mention, has it still got Richbrook on the back?
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #613 on: 01 September 2013, 23:01 »
Cool, i'll probably go with the red too tbh for the same reasons you mention, has it still got Richbrook on the back?

Yeah it has, etched in white so matches the car  :grin:  Pretty small logo though, so doesn't detract too much.

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #614 on: 01 September 2013, 23:04 »
@Gryzor Wahoo! So, so nice mate! That's exactly how mine will look when the day comes. Can't wait to use the keyless entry on a day-to-day basis.

What's this Richbrook Tax Disc holder look like. Link?

Edit: Just had a quick shufty on eBay £19.97. They look reet cool.
« Last Edit: 01 September 2013, 23:12 by Hawaii-Five-O »
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #615 on: 01 September 2013, 23:12 »
@Gryzor Wahoo! So, so nice mate! That's exactly how mine will look when the day comes. Can't wait to use the keyless entry on a day-to-day basis.

What's this Richbrook Tax Disc holder look like. Link?

Cheers bud, and yup, that's exactly what yours will look like, absolutely stunning.  Gives me exactly the same smiles and thrills as with my Mk5, just more of them!  Keyless is just brilliant.

These tax disc holders just tastefully finish off the car nicely, and look way nicer than a piece of plastic dealer crap;

http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Richbrook_Twist_Off_Back_Tax_Disc_Holders.html

Edit: shop around, you can get them for around £15 I think

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #616 on: 01 September 2013, 23:28 »
Looks the nuts.... I so can't wait for mine to arrive now :grin:

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #617 on: 01 September 2013, 23:31 »
Currently in transit eh mk7gti?!  Not long to wait now mate  :laugh:

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #618 on: 01 September 2013, 23:35 »
Im on the home run now Gryzor :smiley:

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #619 on: 01 September 2013, 23:46 »
On the way to last base I'd say!  Honestly mate, I know you have a decent car already, but this GTI has blown me away, and I already had a good example of a Mk5 before!  You are going to love it  :drool: