Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1163837 times)

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #600 on: 01 September 2013, 21:32 »

@peterdoherty, no drop in signal at all mate, full bars. Just another marketing stunt by VW, but I guess it's nice to have the options of HFP and RSAP.

Great - was hoping so!! Yes might change to from iPhone (dare I say!) shortly so thinking along the same lines
Stunning motor!!! - roll on the next couple of months til I get mine!!!
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #601 on: 01 September 2013, 21:35 »
I was not worried at all about lack of signal given that the rest of the car is the same as any other GTI.  But, I wasn't sure the iPhone would connect OK, but it did just fine.
« Last Edit: 01 September 2013, 21:38 by Gryzor »
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #602 on: 01 September 2013, 21:36 »
Awesome car Gryzor, looks the nuts!! Look forward to your comments once you've run her in and started to see what she can do!!  :cool:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #603 on: 01 September 2013, 21:42 »
Awesome car Gryzor, looks the nuts!! Look forward to your comments once you've run her in and started to see what she can do!!  :cool:

Thanks mate, and you can count on more commentary!  One thing I forget to mention was just how well the Adaptive Cruise Control works - again I thought I'd be wary of it, but it just works.

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #604 on: 01 September 2013, 21:45 »
Absolutely stunning mate!!! And great first hand write up. I'm so looking forward to getting mine having seen yours now.

Hope you get many years of happy motoring out of it.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #605 on: 01 September 2013, 21:54 »
Absolutely stunning mate!!! And great first hand write up. I'm so looking forward to getting mine having seen yours now.

Cheers mate, and I guess I should also say thanks to everybody on these forums really as they have, through better and worse, kept me going!  You are going to love your car mate, and I can't see me wanting to swap this for another 8 years at least!  Well, until I see the Mk9 and can't resist the tech on offer  :grin:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #606 on: 01 September 2013, 22:05 »

Cheers mate, and I guess I should also say thanks to everybody on these forums really as they have, through better and worse, kept me going!  You are going to love your car mate, and I can't see me wanting to swap this for another 8 years at least!  Well, until I see the Mk9 and can't resist the tech on offer  :grin:

Putting my order in for MK9 now to minimise the wait. Nice pics, looks nearly as nice as a red one  :tongue: This forum is a hell of a time waster - time does seem to pass quicker when we're on it. Just waiting to find out whether Emden's latest arrival (city of Rotterdam) will be coming back to Tyne with mine in the next few days!

Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Thornster

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #607 on: 01 September 2013, 22:17 »
Very Nice.

If i didn't already have a white car I'd definitely have gone for Pure White - it looks fantastic.

Oct 2013: GTI, DSG, 3 Door, Carbon Grey, DynAudio, Winter Pack, Discovery Navigation and Keyless Start
Jan 2018: Arteon R-Line, Atlantic Blue
Jan 2021: tbc!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #608 on: 01 September 2013, 22:24 »
pure white - the best colour by a country mile  :evil:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #609 on: 01 September 2013, 22:27 »
Fingers crossed monkeyhanger!  It definitely is a time-passer on here though, good job too!  :grin:

As for the colour, I had a white car previous, and had no reservation at all going white again, it just suits the GTI so well.  Red looks really nice too, but I prefer the contrast that white gives to all the red and black accents!  Regardless of colour though, there is no denying the quality of the drive and car itself!