Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1161821 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #580 on: 29 August 2013, 22:16 »
Not just the 19s, but the 18s as well - I assume they are flush to the wheel as well (monzas and monzas II certainly were). It's highly likely that all of us will kerb our wheels at some point. I was soooo careful with both my mk 5 & 6 GTI's and I still managed to kerb the front drivers side alloy. Literally THE worst feeling  :cry:

The GTD wheels have a bit of lippage protection from the tyre, as do my current Scirocco wheels. Not sure why they're back to polished alloys - kerb them and you have to live with the scrape or get your wheels all painted. White worm will probably make a comeback too.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #581 on: 29 August 2013, 23:37 »
Not just the 19s, but the 18s as well - I assume they are flush to the wheel as well (monzas and monzas II certainly were). It's highly likely that all of us will kerb our wheels at some point. I was soooo careful with both my mk 5 & 6 GTI's and I still managed to kerb the front drivers side alloy. Literally THE worst feeling  :'(

The GTD wheels have a bit of lippage protection from the tyre, as do my current Scirocco wheels. Not sure why they're back to polished alloys - kerb them and you have to live with the scrape or get your wheels all painted. White worm will probably make a comeback too.

Not true, Lepsons will refurb Monza's back to a polished face. :)
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #582 on: 30 August 2013, 00:25 »
Not just the 19s, but the 18s as well - I assume they are flush to the wheel as well (monzas and monzas II certainly were). It's highly likely that all of us will kerb our wheels at some point. I was soooo careful with both my mk 5 & 6 GTI's and I still managed to kerb the front drivers side alloy. Literally THE worst feeling  :cry:

Back to them? They never left them! VW have been fitting polished wheels to GTI's (among other models) since the MK 4. And the whiteworm has been a consistent problem ever since!

MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #583 on: 30 August 2013, 08:22 »

Back to them? They never left them! VW have been fitting polished wheels to GTI's (among other models) since the MK 4. And the whiteworm has been a consistent problem ever since!

The Scirocco managed to escape with painted wheels across all the optional wheel variants I know of. I would have thought that the cost of replacements for white worm by sticking with polished alloys would have been more than switching to painted  wheels, with the cost of painting them.

Polished wheels do look a little better when they are pristine (by a tiny margin), but i'd rather have painted ones that will stay looking as good as day 1 - especially if I was keeping the car beyond warranty.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #584 on: 30 August 2013, 08:42 »
A guy at work bought an older GTI a few months ago, and it had wheels with a bit of the mythical white worm that I never experienced in 8 years!  But, he just took the wheels to be refinished with metallic spray and lacquer.  All done the same they looked fantastic, and only noticeably different if stood next to regular machine-finished wheels at more than a passing glance.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Davejavue

• Not said much yet
« Reply #585 on: 30 August 2013, 20:17 »
Wheel all sorted and they washed car which was nice .While I was waiting I decided to look round showroom and could nt help noticing how dull all the cars on show were guess that's a result of driving something a bit special
Mk 7 GTi Pure White 5 door Performance Pack 19" Santiago Alloys

Offline redgolfgtd

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTD VII Tornado Red
« Reply #586 on: 30 August 2013, 21:47 »
I guess Davejavue yours in the red golf gtd now being sold there

Offline Davejavue

• Not said much yet
« Reply #587 on: 30 August 2013, 22:16 »
I guess Davejavue yours in the red golf gtd now being sold there
No why do you think that ? This is my first VW

Offline redgolfgtd

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTD VII Tornado Red
« Reply #588 on: 30 August 2013, 22:44 »
Sorry didn't realise that walked round the sales area yesterday there is  red golf gtd there that's not been in long I thought maybe it was your part ex :)

Offline Davejavue

• Not said much yet
« Reply #589 on: 30 August 2013, 23:20 »
Sorry didn't realise that walked round the sales area yesterday there is  red golf gtd there that's not been in long I thought maybe it was your part ex :)
Oh I get it now - no not mine  :smiley: