Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1149214 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #570 on: 28 August 2013, 16:16 »
haha  :grin:
With my last car I used to stick a big "DO NOT WASH THIS CAR" on the dash when I left it in for a service. They must have thought I was a right knob end  :laugh:
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #571 on: 28 August 2013, 16:18 »
Yeah and you would probably get it returned with CLUELESS written on it  :grin: :grin:

Haha, brilliant!  :grin:  Worse, they'd probably cut the tape off with a knife and scratch up the key fob before proceeding to try ramming it into the ignition!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #572 on: 28 August 2013, 16:20 »
With my last car I used to stick a big "DO NOT WASH THIS CAR" on the dash when I left it in for a service. They must have thought I was a right knob end  :laugh:

Well you could have added a please! :lipsrsealed:

Nah I can understand this though.  I get a similar thing at work sometimes where people often try to "help out" and basically just f**k everything up.  I have a policy now, if I want help I will ask for it.  Too many times someone has cleaned something or adjusted something or tidied away something in an effort to be nice and ruined what I had been working on for the last few days! :sad:

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #573 on: 28 August 2013, 16:25 »
Nah I can understand this though.  I get a similar thing at work sometimes where people often try to "help out" and basically just f**k everything up.  I have a policy now, if I want help I will ask for it.  Too many times someone has cleaned something or adjusted something or tidied away something in an effort to be nice and ruined what I had been working on for the last few days! :sad:

I'm right with ya' on that one Bear.  Imagine my horror when one day I get home to find my wife and daughter washing my car for me.  How nice of them, I thought, until I saw what my daughter (bless her!) had in her hand.  Only a sponge with green metal scourer pad on it!!! :shocked:  Thankfully, my car escaped...don't know how, just sheer luck!  :grin:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #574 on: 28 August 2013, 16:30 »

Ah, I'm fairly sure I did add a "Please and thank you". They obviously have good intentions when washing the car for the customer but I've seen the way cars are washed at main dealers... shudder...
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #575 on: 28 August 2013, 21:49 »

Ah, I'm fairly sure I did add a "Please and thank you". They obviously have good intentions when washing the car for the customer but I've seen the way cars are washed at main dealers... shudder...

I also stick a note on the dashboard when my car goes into the garage asking them not to wash my car and I mention it to the service advisor too. They attach a tag to the key fob with the same ' do not wash the car' instruction on it.

I also clean my car before it goes into the dealers for servicing / repairs. Makes it easier for me to show the dealer and get them to agree it's unmarked, and for me to check for damage when I collect it.

Am I being paranoid? Some may think so, but I don't want to be in a situation where if my car is damaged while at the dealers, they deny having caused it and maintain 'it must have been like that when you brought it in sir'. Nor do I want the dealer's resident 'sponge jockey' inflicting swirls on my paintwork!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Davejavue

• Not said much yet
« Reply #576 on: 29 August 2013, 13:47 »
Going to dealership tomorrow to get damaged wheel changed - quick service I thought
On the delivery situation my chap in dealership said I ordered at the right time and that if I ordered today would nt see the car until March !
Mk 7 GTi Pure White 5 door Performance Pack 19" Santiago Alloys

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #577 on: 29 August 2013, 18:49 »
Going to dealership tomorrow to get damaged wheel changed - quick service I thought
On the delivery situation my chap in dealership said I ordered at the right time and that if I ordered today would nt see the car until March !

Hopefully "damaged wheels" won't be too commonplace for whiteworm on our polished wheels. Saw a 12 reg Tiguan riddled with whiteworm yesterday as I was crawling along the approach to the Tyne bridge from the Metrocentre yesterday.

Your damage was transport strap chafing?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Davejavue

• Not said much yet
« Reply #578 on: 29 August 2013, 21:49 »

Hopefully "damaged wheels" won't be too commonplace for whiteworm on our polished wheels. Saw a 12 reg Tiguan riddled with whiteworm yesterday as I was crawling along the approach to the Tyne bridge from the Metrocentre yesterday.

Your damage was transport strap chafing?
To be honest I don't know I noticed it when my car was delivered - no damage to tyre but 2 grooves on wheel outside rim only small but noticeable dealer ordered me a new wheel without question
Not sure how santiagos are going to stand up to wear but I m VERY wary near curbs
Mk 7 GTi Pure White 5 door Performance Pack 19" Santiago Alloys

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #579 on: 29 August 2013, 22:05 »
Not just the 19s, but the 18s as well - I assume they are flush to the wheel as well (monzas and monzas II certainly were). It's highly likely that all of us will kerb our wheels at some point. I was soooo careful with both my mk 5 & 6 GTI's and I still managed to kerb the front drivers side alloy. Literally THE worst feeling  :cry:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....